National News Sir Keir Starmer

I see the BBC, The Times, The Telegraph and The Express are doing their job. Tory Central Office must be pleased

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Want to tell Tory Central Office what a great job they are doing?

"After a fortnight of blunders, Keir Starmer and the Labour right wing are on the defensive. Bold calls for a recall conference are clearly making a mark. The left must press forward and take the fight to the right."

It is pretty sad for the Country I reckon.
It is probably difficult being in opposition when the pandemic takes all of the attention and being many wing like too many political points being made.
After a decent start he hasn't impressed. I watched a party political broadcast with Starmer today. It only covered the NHS and how labour would give nurses more than 1%.
Too simple a message I would have thought?

It is pretty sad for the Country I reckon.
It is probably difficult being in opposition when the pandemic takes all of the attention and being many wing like too many political points being made.
After a decent start he hasn't impressed. I watched a party political broadcast with Starmer today. It only covered the NHS and how labour would give nurses more than 1%.
Too simple a message I would have thought?
I had high hopes for Starmer initially, but he is failing to impress at the moment. We a hear a lot about him having a forensic style befitting his previous status as a lawyer, but he seems to be fairly dull and lacking much of a punch.

I see the BBC, The Times, The Telegraph and The Express are doing their job. Tory Central Office must be pleased
Im sure Tory central office were over the moon when they saw who the Labour Party had chosen to fight the Hartlepool byelection. I'm sure if they lose you will console yourself by blaming everyone else. The Labour Party are becoming the best reason to vote tory.

I had high hopes for Starmer initially, but he is failing to impress at the moment. We a hear a lot about him having a forensic style befitting his previous status as a lawyer, but he seems to be fairly dull and lacking much of a punch.
Likewise, my biggest concern was the rest of the shadow cabinet. Listening to Ashworth and Dodds being interviewed made me want to put my fingers in my ears and hide behind the sofa. I really have my doubts that he is the right man.

He must be doing something right judging by the enemies he's making.

"Unfortunately, there are some factional figures on the hard left who seem intent on wrecking the party, even if that means cosying up to the Conservatives.”

Quick..... point the finger... over there....at anyone....... :ROFLMAO:

I see SKS has broken with convention and sent his condolences despite the custom being that the Prime Minister does so first.
We hardly hear from him then he is the first

I see SKS has broken with convention and sent his condolences despite the custom being that the Prime Minister does so first.
We hardly hear from him then he is the first

About time Boris pulled his finger out then 🤣.

I guess SKS got fed up with waiting.

Makes for a good read.............

An interesting read. I'd rather Labour, instead of thinking right or left, focused on starting the process of coming up with some innovative policies on the problems the country is facing.

An interesting read. I'd rather Labour, instead of thinking right or left, focused on starting the process of coming up with some innovative policies on the problems the country is facing.

Problem there is aiming for the middle, which the article acknowledges is politically flexible.
If, and it is very likely, the Conservatives can hold that middle then Labour are stuffed for a very long time.

And that isn`t a good thing.

Problem there is aiming for the middle, which the article acknowledges is politically flexible.
If, and it is very likely, the Conservatives can hold that middle then Labour are stuffed for a very long time.

That is where they have to be innovative to get the ground back. I fear it won't be a quick process.

This particular Conservative government got elected whist being nowhere near the middle of politics.
It just shows how broken politics is at the moment.

• React
Reactions: QR
This particular Conservative government got elected whist being nowhere near the middle of politics.
Really?
I would say that they have acted generally in a reasonably central way.
I would also suggest that Labour are now reasonably central post Corbyn.

Middle enough to appeal to all those former Midlands mining communities though?
And that is where Labour are stuck, the "working class" has changed, the people they need to appeal to aren`t in industry anymore and neither are they in unions.
They are Amazon drivers, warehouse staff and folk on zero hours contracts working for Deliveroo, Uber etc.
Have, or can, Labour appeal to them whilst in opposition?
The other problem is can an opposition "oppose" during a national/global crisis?

It's broken because although the majority of people are of centre /centre left persuasion the voting system hands complete power to the minority. The challenge is building alliances so the majority is properly represented. Haven't heard anything on this from Starmer so far.

Middle enough to appeal to all those former Midlands mining communities though?
And that is where Labour are stuck, the "working class" has changed, the people they need to appeal to aren`t in industry anymore and neither are they in unions.
They are Amazon drivers, warehouse staff and folk on zero hours contracts working for Deliveroo, Uber etc.
Have, or can, Labour appeal to them whilst in opposition?
The other problem is can an opposition "oppose" during a national/global crisis?
Being in opposition in a pandemic is very difficult.
There has to be a some redistribution of wealth. Drones and driverless cars means that some of those drivers you refer to will themselves be out of work in 10 to 20 years.
Technology should improve people's wealth not make society more uneven.
As the Country gets wealthier we shouldn't have more homelessness and people relying on food banks (some if these people work 40 hours a week).
The house shortage HAS to be resolved. As much government and civil service should be moved to areas with a lot of houses and low employment.
Labour have to be able to give hope to the poorer in society but without wanting to hammer the more well off.

Back
Top Bottom