Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest update from OxVox appears to pour cold water over much of what’s been written on this thread.

Still, I guess the club could be telling the ITK’ers more than OxVox. Seems a strange choice, though.
For those who don’t know what the above is referencing:

Stadium

We had a meeting with the club on Wednesday to address some of the issues we face regarding the stadium. We had been left in a difficult position in trying to balance what we have been told in confidence, what we are aware of from our own work on the subject, and trying to help progress various options with the club. It is worth pointing out again that we do not oppose the idea of a new stadium or those who support it. The committee and I have put a lot of hours into helping those within the club who were researching this option. This is not about taking sides. There are huge potential gains to be had here but also some very serious risks.

We absolutely still believe in pursuing all of the options available and that supporting the club in their efforts is vital but we are an independent trust and will not allow ourselves to be dragged into internal wrangles or external rumours. At the request of people within the club we have kept some information confidential which is always a horrible decision to have to make but one we decided was in the best interest of the club. We were also asked to hold off on our efforts to advance the possibility of a community led option that we have put time and energy into. Again this was an incredibly difficult decision to make but as always, it was weighed up against what would work in the best interests of the supporters and club we all love.

We discussed these points at the meeting on Wednesday with Niall and another representative of the club. The meeting was frank and open and we were able to get some definitive answers to some of the questions we have been putting to them over the last year.

Firstly, despite the level of expectation now being placed on an imminent announcement, we have been told categorically that no site has yet been chosen. As we reported in our last update the club continues the long and difficult process of identifying possibilities across Oxfordshire.

Secondly the club remain open to all options. Including ones connected to the Kassam. They, like us, believe all avenues need to be pursued to find a solution to the stadium problem.

Finally the club have agreed to discuss a proposal at the next board meeting that would help progress an OxVox initiative that we hope could be a viable alternative to the difficult situation we are in.

We realise this may not be what some supporters expected or have been led to believe but we have always believed that it was better to work hard and take the time to find out the answers from those dealing with it first hand, rather than getting involved in speculation.

The latest update from OxVox appears to pour cold water over much of what’s been written on this thread.

Still, I guess the club could be telling the ITK’ers more than OxVox. Seems a strange choice, though.

I don't want to get into a battle, but I stand by everything I've posted on the subject and will leave it for others to judge for themselves.

And, according to Tiger on the 5 minute Fans Forum this evening, the stadium issue will be settled by the end of the year.
It’s been dragging on long enough. There’s only one way to settle it now: Sports Day.

Egg and spoon, three-legged hurdles, sack race, long jump, tug-of-war and if absolutely necessary, bare knuckle fighting.

Winner gets the land.

Im sorry but Im really struggling to believe that with all these investors having been in and around the club for three years now, with all their expertise and experience in these matters, theyre still ‘considering all their options’.

I don't want to get into a battle, but I stand by everything I've posted on the subject and will leave it for others to judge for themselves.
As you say, we should have some news soon,........well, that was weeks ago......2022 maybe? Don't want to tie you down to a definite date.

It’s been dragging on long enough. There’s only one way to settle it now: Sports Day.

Egg and spoon, three-legged hurdles, sack race, long jump, tug-of-war and if absolutely necessary, bare knuckle fighting.

Winner gets the land.
No-one is allowed to win anything at Sports Day nowadays, everyone gets a 'participant' badge. It's B*****s.

Winner gets the land.

Well, personally I hope that you and Colin are justified in the strength of your assertions.

I should also add that I genuinely haven't got an issue with Oxvox or what they are sharing. Yes, I'd like to hear more from them, but respect the position that they are in and the confidentialities they alluded to.

I won't be saying much more on the matter as it inevitably ends up with a speculation merry-go-round. But I remain confident that we will see an outcome that we all want.

I should also add that I genuinely haven't got an issue with Oxvox or what they are sharing. Yes, I'd like to hear more from them, but respect the position that they are in and the confidentialities they alluded to.

I won't be saying much more on the matter as it inevitably ends up with a speculation merry-go-round. But I remain confident that we will see an outcome that we all want.

If you had to put a timeframe as to when we should hear about this outcome we all want when would you say this would be?

And this is a slightly more difficult question to answer, but could the option of keeping the Kassam be a red herring to Kassam e.g. keep him waiting?

We are staying at GR.............. just accept it. you will all feel better.

Huge footprint, huge catchment with more houses opposite. No fussing about planning, land purchase. and, most importantly not an even bigger millstone around our neck. ;)

"we have the timeframe also to finalise that stadium, should be by the end of this year" is what Tiger said in the last few seconds of the fans forum today.

"we have the timeframe also to finalise that stadium, should be by the end of this year" is what Tiger said in the last few seconds of the fans forum today.

That has confused me even more. Finalise a stadium by the end of the year can only mean buying or a better lease on the Kassam.

Im sorry but Im really struggling to believe that with all these investors having been in and around the club for three years now, with all their expertise and experience in these matters, theyre still ‘considering all their options’.
The Oxvox statement is interesting but I'm with you on this.
With the investors we have (who are clearly after a property deal) and with the licence on the ground running out I would be amazed and very disappointed if no progress has been made on agreeing the best site and the club are not being pretty close in making an announcement.
If Tiger suggests that an announcement will be made by the end of the year, I could buy that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom