Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmm. Not sure that many would argue against the vaccine strategy.
Most of these were ordered before they had been approved.
I also don't buy at all the paying more per dose
The vast majority to date have been Astra Zenica which are massively cheaper than he other major vaccines.
Many of the European countries (especially as they seem to be scaremongering against Astra Zenica) will be paying far more per dose than the UK
The EU are paying €2.15 per dose of AZ, UK is paying €3.

Do you think humanity was thinking about or mitigating the impact when they were decimating woodland to build houses, transport & boats in the 14th century and beyond?
Of course not, however we have learnt and we try and turn things around but yes, amazingly, a 400 year old habitat probably takes 400 years to re-establish.

The problem exists when the damage is not acknowledged and mitigated.

Take a look at those far off lands with no mitigation from clearance but as long as 2 Avocado's are only £1.99 in Waitrose the vegan yoghurt knitters are happy.

I could be wrong but I don't think human impact on the environment was a known science in the 14th century or up until relatively recently, that excuse doesn't exist now. The problem exists in the original damage (species being lost which is happening in the UK as elsewhere etc) as well and when the mitigation is badly planned or not maintained (evidence pointed out by somebody else above).

• React
Reactions: m
The EU are paying €2.15 per dose of AZ, UK is paying €3.
We have a far higher % of our jabs as Astra Zenica than Europe .
The Pfizer jab is $14.70 each..
So I would expect that we are paying far less per job than Europe. This hasn't been helped by Macron and Merkel undermining the Astra Zenica jab

The EU are paying €2.15 per dose of a vaccine they have vilified, so much so that they have 100,000s of doses left unused.
The UK is paying €0,75 more per dose that they will make back in about 10 minutes once the pubs are open.

We also saved some buying unused AZ from the EU at a discount as well iirc.

This stadium that England are playing in currently has given me an idea.. Maybe we could build something like this at grenoble Road. Could build a tower block in each corner atleast it would blend in with the scenery and be seen for miles.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1616947161703.jpg
    FB_IMG_1616947161703.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 26
Po
Tree felling is ongoing. How many forests were flattened to whittle the Welsh longbow at Agincourt.

Yes but in an ancient woodland cutting the odd tree is managing/improving the ecosystem unlike cutting swathes of it down which is destroying the ecosystem.

Seems like it is time to close this thread. Those wishing to discuse the pros and cons of HS2 may start their own thread.

Please only post about any potential new stadium here!

artist impression for the new oxpens development. is that a stadium?
(wishful thinking i know)

E82124AC-F697-45E8-B8C5-BDF696A8D1BC.jpeg

can’t it be the Jim Smith stand with supporters club and outside bar 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom