Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it come to it. How much work would court place farm require to get up to league standard? Obviously the 3g pitch would have to go. But could it be possible to erect temporary stands around to make capacity around 10k?

I would be looking at this option rather than signing anything else with that con man.

If it come to it. How much work would court place farm require to get up to league standard? Obviously the 3g pitch would have to go. But could it be possible to erect temporary stands around to make capacity around 10k?

I would be looking at this option rather than signing anything else with that con man.
You do know that it’s the home of another football team

I doubt you'd be able to get a 10k in Court Place Farm without levelling half the site.

There are all sorts of regulations you’d need to meet, and the council might not allow it on account of the traffic generated

You do know that it’s the home of another football team

Yes a team currently only 2 divisions below being a league 2 team. They have said numerous times they aspire to be a league team in 5 years. I would rather share with them than mk.

The pandemic has changed things and when we are finally out of it there will be a huge demand for live events. A stadium in Oxford that not only provides excellent facilities for football but also for musicians and comedians on stadium tours would be great for the city. It can also be designed with what has been learnt from the pandemic e.g able to implement social distancing measures easily when required (I don’t see that ever going away)

That misses the point. No one is going to spend multimillions on a stadium unless the doing so enables a related property development from which they can make money. That was true of Reading and of MK Dons. If it comes to pass that will also be true of Oxford United. Horseman's analysis is absolutely correct. The end game is the property deal. The question now is: has the pandemic changed the retail dynamic such as to make this no longer so attractive?
Well unless a billionaire oxford fan is going to build us a new stadium and the fund the team for years how do you think we are going to get a stadium that lets us progress out of the mess that is kassam and the kassam stadium?
I presume you think that any owners that want the property that goes with this stadium have to be bad people that will screw us like kassam?

Well unless a billionaire oxford fan is going to build us a new stadium and the fund the team for years how do you think we are going to get a stadium that lets us progress out of the mess that is kassam and the kassam stadium?
I presume you think that any owners that want the property that goes with this stadium have to be bad people that will screw us like kassam?
But that is almost exactly what is happening. The current board has several very wealthy members. At least one has first hand experience of building a stadium far larger than Grenoble Road. It has been stated several times that the intention is to move to a new location and to progress the club into, at the minimum, the Championship. Just because it is not in the area of public knowledge does not mean that it is not happening.

As to the integrity of the board, I can't answer that but, buying OUFC in the first place and financing it ever since has displayed intent, surely that cannot be denied?

But they were building from scratch, not adapting an existing site.

Can't see its any harder adapting an existing site. The pitch is already there, turn it back to real grass. Build round the pitch with steep stands would easily get a 10 - 15k capacity. Land behind the east end could be turned in to a retail park with access slip road from the a40 west bound. There is even the land across from Marsh Lane where the showman park up when st giles fair is on. Plenty of potential there and both us and city could share the ground.

Can't see its any harder adapting an existing site. The pitch is already there, turn it back to real grass. Build round the pitch with steep stands would easily get a 10 - 15k capacity. Land behind the east end could be turned in to a retail park with access slip road from the a40 west bound. There is even the land across from Marsh Lane where the showman park up when st giles fair is on. Plenty of potential there and both us and city could share the ground.
although its unlikely, it would suit me, with it being a 5 min or so still to CPF

although its unlikely, it would suit me, with it being a 5 min or so still to CPF

It wouldn't suit me. It would actually be harder to get to than the kassam. But saying that it could be an option if land is not available any where else. Traffic would be no worse than it is at the kassam either. Just can't bare the thought of us signing another 20 years lease on the soulless decaying kassam so called stadium.

It wouldn't suit me. It would actually be harder to get to than the kassam. But saying that it could be an option if land is not available any where else. Traffic would be no worse than it is at the kassam either. Just can't bare the thought of us signing another 20 years lease on the soulless decaying kassam so called stadium.
And what happens to Oxford City FC?

Ground share. Or they can play on the training pitch next to the main ground 😂 could beat the record of the closest league grounds from Dundee lol.
A groundshare?

So, If I understand this correctly, we rip up their 3G pitch, build stands to house 10 - 15k supporters (that they don't have) take over the ground for our home games and take all the profits and then when we have a new ground, walk away and leave them to it?

A ground they cannot fill and therefore cannot afford with a pitch they cannot maintain for the same reasons.

I'm sure they will be very grateful and will welcome us with open arms.

So, If I understand this correctly, we rip up their 3G pitch, build stands to house 10 - 15k supporters (that they don't have) take over the ground for our home games and take all the profits and then when we have a new ground, walk away and leave them to it?

A ground they cannot fill and therefore cannot afford with a pitch they cannot maintain for the same reasons.

Why would we up and leave that stadium we develop at CPF could be are new home aswel and why not let city take a profit from there games

Why would we need to move again? 15k capacity is all we need unless we stayed in the Premier league for more than a season. Dont forget City are trying to become a league team in the next few years. So they would need to rip up their pitch and make changes to the ground. Sharing the ground could be the best thing for both clubs. Our investors fund the work to the stadium in return of developing the land east of the site in to hotels/leisure. Both clubs share the bills but keep any profits they gain from match day including catering. It works with football and rugby sharing grounds why couldn't it with two football clubs sharing?

Why would we need to move again? 15k capacity is all we need unless we stayed in the Premier league for more than a season. Dont forget City are trying to become a league team in the next few years. So they would need to rip up their pitch and make changes to the ground. Sharing the ground could be the best thing for both clubs. Our investors fund the work to the stadium in return of developing the land east of the site in to hotels/leisure. Both clubs share the bills but keep any profits they gain from match day including catering. It works with football and rugby sharing grounds why couldn't it with two football clubs sharing?
In all fairness been working for ac and inter Milan for many years now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom