General Players suggested in the transfer threads

Can’t argue with the results going forward from the pair of them. Sam longs overall game has come on a hell of a lot and is rightly one of the best RB’s in the league.

Personally wouldn’t say the for Ruffels. Defensively against a decent winger he’s often in trouble and his lack of pace is shown up.

Yes I spoke to Danny in Tesco's at Cowley just as the season was finishing. He said we only offered him a 1 year contract and he didn't think MApp would play him much. He said he had three young kids and his Mrs to think about and a club were about to offer him a two year contract with an extension on more money overall. We all know who that was now!!
Yep. We signed Wes Thomas who was deemed an improvement on him (LOL) and thought that Taylor was in the bag before he signed a new deal at Rovers, which meant that we weren’t arsed about keeping him. After winning POTY two seasons in a row I always felt it was a little disrespectful to offer him a year, and we really missed his work rate and effort the next season. He was more than good enough to be in the 18 at L1 level. It felt like putting a year in front of him was a way of being able to say that he turned us down, rather than having to admit that we had let him go. Kind of like when Eales made a bid for Kieffer Moore that he knew full well was never going to be accepted, nor could we afford his wages anyway, but it meant that he was able to say we had bid for him without it technically being a lie. Top man, Danny Hylton. Also thought that he was very respectful towards us after he left. Never shithoused us off and always came over to applaud the fans. Bit like Maguire in that regard. Christ... to think we had those two in the same team. A right pair.

Anyway, I must stop crying and try to move on. Any sign of those new full backs for a bit of depth and cover?

Yep. We signed Wes Thomas who was deemed an improvement on him (LOL) and thought that Taylor was in the bag before he signed a new deal at Rovers, which meant that we weren’t arsed about keeping him. After winning POTY two seasons in a row I always felt it was a little disrespectful to offer him a year, and we really missed his work rate and effort the next season. He was more than good enough to be in the 18 at L1 level. It felt like putting a year in front of him was a way of being able to say that he turned us down, rather than having to admit that we had let him go. Kind of like when Eales made a bid for Kieffer Moore that he knew full well was never going to be accepted, nor could we afford his wages anyway, but it meant that he was able to say we had bid for him without it technically being a lie. Top man, Danny Hylton. Also thought that he was very respectful towards us after he left. Never shithoused us off and always came over to applaud the fans. Bit like Maguire in that regard. Christ... to think we had those two in the same team. A right pair.

Anyway, I must stop crying and try to move on. Any sign of those new full backs for a bit of depth and cover?
Have to say he was a very nice lad. Was happy to stop and have a chat. Tesco was a good place to spot players and sometimes have a chat. Haven't been for a while now but have chatted to Danny Rose, Ryan Taylor, Chey Dunkley and Benji Buchel in there. Benji showed me some of the many bruises he got the day before at Wimbledon!! He said he was punched, kicked and pinched by several players!!
Also me and my wife sat in the cafe and had a chat and a cuppa with Liam Sercombe and his wife a few days before we played Exeter on Boxing Day. He said he was looking forward to it and they had family coming to watch and stay. We won 3-0 and Sercs got the last goal!!
They also loved living in Oxfordshire. Really nice couple and we were sat talking for about twenty minutes.

Back
Top Bottom