General Players out on loan

Billy beechers was given about two minutes at the end of THAT Orient game to salvage our league status - he didn't....

He made 3 appearances the season before v Lincoln (31 mins), Orient (3 mins) and Chester (12 mins)

With all due to smith, I hope him signing for Woking doesn’t get in the way of Slavi Spasov’s development.

I know a lot changed over MApp's first year or so with us, but it is fun reading these back now with hindsight.

Fans are staying away in their droves. Those that disappeared under Wilder have not returned. And the absentees will not come back with Appleton delivering such poor results at the Kassam and football which is largely devoid of entertainment.

Appleton out. Yes, I know he’ll be here next season but I just felt the need to say it again.

(If Roofe is just another of these here today gone tomorrow loan signings I’ll be well pissed off and will be asking what is the point of anything).

Little did April 2015 PB know the excitement the next 12 months had in store!

I know a lot changed over MApp's first year or so with us, but it is fun reading these back now with hindsight.

It would be quite interesting to see Kips view on MAPP (but pretty predictable I reckon)

I was at that game ...think it was about 5 mins or so (far from certain though.... If there's a way to access @Paul B 's Fans View from that game, that'd clarify it)

Aiden Hawtin will always be a U's legend IMO for his starring role in that 'ballboy' incident V Di Canio's Sw*nd*n
Aiden is my second cousin, bit of useless info i know lol

Hindsight yes - tis true. Very occasionally I take a look at what I've written - always a hostage to fortune I suppose as I write so much. But I'll stick by what I said then. And I think i covered it in what followed. Initially I don't think Mapp properly understood L2. Then when he realised what was required on the pragmatic hard working getting stuck in side of the game but without throwing away his idealistic footballing principles we were away. Wish I could remember which game it was when I think things changed.

Hindsight yes - tis true. Very occasionally I take a look at what I've written - always a hostage to fortune I suppose as I write so much. But I'll stick by what I said then. And I think i covered it in what followed. Initially I don't think Mapp properly understood L2. Then when he realised what was required on the pragmatic hard working getting stuck in side of the game but without throwing away his idealistic footballing principles we were away. Wish I could remember which game it was when I think things changed.

I agree, Paul. I was highly critical of MApp for that first season, well into February 2015.

He tried tika taka with the likes of Hunt, Newey and a fat Brian Howard in the team. It was a hopeless enterprise and if DE had not been chairman and funded the exits of half the team to bring in the players MApp needed, he would have been a goner. MApp has mentioned it since that after the 5-1 against Cambridge he needed to ‘accelerate the plan’ and he did just that. It’s also worth remembering that fan favourites like Potter and Ryan Clarke were part of the cull too. Not wholly popular moves and it took a lot of persuading before we could fully get on board with what he was trying to do. MacDonald, Skarz, Roofe and Baldock certainly eased our worries in the January transfer window.

It wasn’t until the final eight or nine games of the season that we really started to look competent. I’ve said before that MApp is an empire builder. Give him time and he will create a foundation for success and it’s starting to show at Lincoln now.

I agree, Paul. I was highly critical of MApp for that first season, well into February 2015.

He tried tika taka with the likes of Hunt, Newey and a fat Brian Howard in the team. It was a hopeless enterprise and if DE had not been chairman and funded the exits of half the team to bring in the players MApp needed, he would have been a goner. MApp has mentioned it since that after the 5-1 against Cambridge he needed to ‘accelerate the plan’ and he did just that. It’s also worth remembering that fan favourites like Potter and Ryan Clarke were part of the cull too. Not wholly popular moves and it took a lot of persuading before we could fully get on board with what he was trying to do. MacDonald, Skarz, Roofe and Baldock certainly eased our worries in the January transfer window.

It wasn’t until the final eight or nine games of the season that we really started to look competent. I’ve said before that MApp is an empire builder. Give him time and he will create a foundation for success and it’s starting to show at Lincoln now.
That's it - Cambridge 5-1.

Spasov still at Woking according to the OUFC U21s report from Tuesday. Hasn't featured for a while though.
Lofthouse continues to play every week with Napa being used off the bench more recently.

Cooper scored for Linfield this week.

Clare had continued to be a mainstay of the midfield during Burton's revival prior to getting a 2 match suspension.
7 appearances with 4 bookings taking him to 10 for the season - the most booked player in League One so far this season.

Would be nice if he was reciprocating the same form for us at the moment, personal problems aside.

Kyran Lofthouse scored for Woking this evening, 1-1 draw with Altrincham scoring a 92nd min pen .
He really has become a fixture in the side although Malachi Napa seems to be on the bench mostly while Slavi has disappeared?

Kyran Lofthouse scored for Woking this evening, 1-1 draw with Altrincham scoring a 92nd min pen .
He really has become a fixture in the side although Malachi Napa seems to be on the bench mostly while Slavi has disappeared?
He seemed to play Central midfield yesterday. He has played a number of positions for Woking

He seemed to play Central midfield yesterday. He has played a number of positions for Woking
Lofthouse was a prolific goalscorer for the U18s ... usually on the right side of the attack.....his flexibility will hopefully see him make a few appearances in the first team squad next season.....looked a really exciting prospect playing for U18s....seems hes developing well out on loan

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom