General Peter Rhoades-Brown

Belgium Yellow

Nice bit of recognition for him and deserves a thread on here.
I remember someone criticised his commentary last week and we tend to take him for granted. But he's been a great servant to the club. Conjures up a bit of nostalgia for those of us who remember him playing for us in the good old days.

Totally agree. Managers, owners, Chairman even Stadium come and go. He’s part of the fabric of the club.
I’ve always enjoyed his commentary on Radio Oxford, even more so whist we can’t attend the games.

I remember someone criticised his commentary last week and we tend to take him for granted. But he's been a great servant to the club. Conjures up a bit of nostalgia for those of us who remember him playing for us in the good old days.

Absolutely! He gets a bit of stick but always seems well able to handle it. As you say, a great servant to the club.

Congratulations and well deserved recognition for what he's put into our club. A great player, such a positive and welcoming man, fantastic community engagement, superb coach, especially with the kids and the list goes on and on.

That was probably me! But whether I think his punditry on RadOx is wonderful or not, he is certainly an important part of the club and I hope he continues his good work for many years to come.

I regularly did the OUFC football courses during the school holidays in the 90's (usually at Temple Cowley school) and Rosie always remembered as many of the kids names as he could. He's a great figure at the club.

I remember someone criticised his commentary last week and we tend to take him for granted.
I certainly said that I don’t think he adds much to the commentary and analysis, given he’s a club employee and therefore will only ever say positive things when I would prefer the media to say what they see, but that’s totally separate to any feelings or opinions towards his career with OUFC. I don’t think anybody would doubt or not appreciate his service and commitment to the club. The two aren’t remotely linked.

Congrats to him on his deserved recognition. Still a Chelsea reject, mind... 😉

Fantastic servant to the club, especially through the hard times.
Deserved congratulations

Part of the fabric of OUFC, what this club is all about!

Was part of the finest team we ever had (113 games 29 as sub and 16 goals, all in team winning Div 3, or playing in top two divisions)
Has been with the club ever since in tangible roles behind the scenes and probably the face most associated with OUFC around the city and county. Proper legend and proper bloke.

Worth noting as well that Mick Brown has been at the club since around 1983. and club secretary since '89.... I wonder how many other clubs, or businesses as small as OUFC generally have two employees with over 35 years service.

Note - I don't mean "small" in terms of a club, but just in terms of total number employees the business will have

Well deserved has been great with OUFC a very well liked fella. Congratulations Rosie

Top bloke, always friendly, shows real passion and knows the club inside out, a very well deserved award and recognition....

Back
Top Bottom