General OxVox stance on covid 19?

Just saw a news item about the Cheltenham Festival which is going ahead. What I noted was that there were loads and loads of hand gel points for the punters, so it seems Cheltenham are taking the duty of care to thier customers seriously. I am hearing nothing from the club stadco or any of the football authorities whether they are putting anything in place to try and protect their fans. Plenty of tweets to try and encourage the folk of the shire to turn up but nothing on how they are trying to help protect us. The male toilets at most football grounds are designed for pre cofid19 male poor hygiene. Things have changed and as someone who falls into the at risk group on a number of levels I am having to think very seriously if I am going to be able to see my season ticket out. The club oxvox (I am a member) and stadco are not helping me in this delima.
Edit
Have just emailed oxvox to ask the question
I called the club and was advised they would pass my comments on to be fair it shouldn't take covid 19 for them to provide some handwashing facilities

The club shouldn't have to provide anything.
agree .... except, perhaps, a team to support ;)

however the club/board pay a considerable rent to Stadco , therefore ultimately the slum landlord, for use of the breeze block, and its 'facilities' , which arent fit for purpose (IMO) .... OUFC supporters pay the club via ST's and tmatchday tickets, its the club who are selling the 'service' of entertainment, the club pay Stadco, (owned by the slum landlord) ... if the club want their supporters money, they have a duty of care to supporters... as Stadco have a duty of care (you wouldnt think so though!) to ensure facilities are fit for purpose/ and use... its in the clubs interests to 'provide' what Stadco arent, and then negotiate a reduction in servce charges at the very least Idve thought?

In response to Sarge's original post - yes, we are in touch with the stadium company and the club on this vital issue.

Karl Robinson mentioned in his preview piece on the club website this afternoon that fans should respect the hygiene advice, and of course this is dependent on hand washing and drying facilities (or gel equivalently) being available, as well as individuals taking their personal responsibility to wash their hands after using the facilities. We hope that the club/stadco will be able, for Saturday, to ensure that the necessary provisions are there in the concourses. We've undertaken to them to do all we can to raise among fans the profile of any further advice/info issued.

Re. the safety group, Ali Wolfe our vice chair is the OxVox rep on that committee and is always prepared to take health and safety issues at the stadium to the meetings.

In response to Sarge's original post - yes, we are in touch with the stadium company and the club on this vital issue.

Karl Robinson mentioned in his preview piece on the club website this afternoon that fans should respect the hygiene advice, and of course this is dependent on hand washing and drying facilities (or gel equivalently) being available, as well as individuals taking their personal responsibility to wash their hands after using the facilities. We hope that the club/stadco will be able, for Saturday, to ensure that the necessary provisions are there in the concourses. We've undertaken to them to do all we can to raise among fans the profile of any further advice/info issued.

Re. the safety group, Ali Wolfe our vice chair is the OxVox rep on that committee and is always prepared to take health and safety issues at the stadium to the meetings.
Cheers for clarification @Trevor L

Back
Top Bottom