OxVox Mural at the Kassam Stadium

Having read the update it all sounds sensible to me.

Good work OxVox.

I also put my money where my mouth is and would rather a delay and a closer consensus than simply delivering something to meet an arbitrary deadline.

As an aside regarding parking. There is a number of parking places at the back corner of the East Stand Car Park that are totally overgrown with plants/bushes/soil from the surrounding landscaping. I am assuming nothing has changed already from pre-season as the growth has clearly happened over a number of years. If nothing has changed, can OxVox raise this with the stadium company as it can't be that difficult to sort out which will free up some more parking spots.

Also, it was good to see the area where the path enters the East Stand Car Park from the Greater Leys Park coned off as I have seen a few people in wheelchairs struggle to get off the pavement at previous games when some selfish person had parked in front of the drop kerb.

Having read the update it all sounds sensible to me.

Good work OxVox.

I also put my money where my mouth is and would rather a delay and a closer consensus than simply delivering something to meet an arbitrary deadline.
I contributed some time ago. I haven’t had an update.

Just had an email with the two latest options to vote on...

I know it's moaning, but why on earth didn't they get someone involved with a bit of graphics skill. The photos/images are still very fussy and could easily have been improved with a bit of editing.

Still, at least it'll add some colour.

Just had an email with the two latest options to vote on...

I know it's moaning, but why on earth didn't they get someone involved with a bit of graphics skill. The photos/images are still very fussy and could easily have been improved with a bit of editing.

Still, at least it'll add some colour.
Indeed. I've voted for the colourised yellow/blue one as it looks better and more coherent (even if the images are still over-complicated) but feel it's a bit of a missed opportunity TBH. Better than nothing though.

I think it would've been nice to have seen some 'artists impressions' of our most famous moments, as photos don't look great in murals such as this one. But because we don't have the option of that, I've gone for the yellow/blue option.

This raises a question. There will be some who have made a donation who are not members of Oxvox. The update was via an email to members.
@CheltenhamYellow are you a member?
No. And I know what you’re probably going to say next. However, I can’t recall membership of Oxvox being a requirement for voting. I’m not going to get snotty about it; I’m sure it’s an oversight on their (Oxvox) part, but I’m a season ticket holder in the East Stand and I was prepared to pay a not insubstantial amount of money to have a bit of colour behind me, in the absence of the Ultras’ flags. There’s been quite a period of time without any information at all. Just some courtesy required.

No. And I know what you’re probably going to say next. However, I can’t recall membership of Oxvox being a requirement for voting. I’m not going to get snotty about it; I’m sure it’s an oversight on their (Oxvox) part, but I’m a season ticket holder in the East Stand and I was prepared to pay a not insubstantial amount of money to have a bit of colour behind me, in the absence of the Ultras’ flags. There’s been quite a period of time without any information at all. Just some courtesy required.
I would agree with you entirely. Someone at Oxvox does too, I'm guessing! There is now an update thread. Also has another vote. It's now between two options.

Not a fan of either. The yellow and blue version would add the colour required, but the pictures look absolutely gash.

The pictures look better as standard, but it doesn't seem to add much colour to the ground.

Tough choice for the wrong reasons unfortunately.

I suppose both will still be far far better than the blank space!

It will still a vast improvement on what is there now and will be unique to us.

As an aside, it would be really good to get the flags going again that were waved as the team came out as a small step to helping the colour side of things. It would be nice, if the originals aren't around anymore, for the club to pay for some more to add to the match atmosphere and maybe enough to include the North Stand as well if some people were willing to be involved. This would hopefully not involve so much effort/time for those people (I could be wrong) whilst adding some colour.

Not a fan of either. The yellow and blue version would add the colour required, but the pictures look absolutely gash.

The pictures look better as standard, but it doesn't seem to add much colour to the ground.

Tough choice for the wrong reasons unfortunately.

I suppose both will still be far far better than the blank space!
As most people (including the players) will be seeing this from a distance, I would have thought the COLOUR is most important. I’d prefer a blank yellow wall to a mish-mash of different colour photographs. As someone pointed out, the latter is fine for an indoor wall display. What the stadium needs is colour.

Back
Top Bottom