Home Match Day Thread ++OUFC V Scunthorpe 30/3/18 Match Thread++

I actually thought Eastwood did well to get something on it/save the initial shot, especially with the wet surface and the way the ball zipped up. And their player was extremely lucky as he was actually sliding in to make contact with the initial shot come cross, but unfortunately for Eastwood his initial save just ricocheted into their players body/path with him not knowing a lot about it.

And I think we’ll get something from Shrewsbury on Monday. But I’ll only quote myself if I’m right....
I think Shrewsbury are starting to panic a bit - losing at Rochdale showed that. They win a lot of games by the odd goal so an early goal for us would really put them under pressure. Have to start with Beeks on monday.

How mythological is this 'recruitment team'? And who are they? Do they in fact actually exist?

At the forum today, KR said it wouldn't just be him choosing/approving any new players, but would be a joint decision with the owner, the coaches etc and that he had compiled a list and had given it to ST. He also said that they would be watching the players on the list (whether that meant KR, Faz, CA etc or other scouts I don't know). That implied t me that there is no separate, club-based 'recruitment team'.

I’m pretty sure he used the exact phrase “recruitment team”.

Also don't know if anyone has seen the Wimbledon highlights, but they concede possession in the move that ultimately leads to the goal they lose by because the ball gets held up in a puddle on their horrendous pitch. Pleasant irony.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...ague-one/11310384/afc-wimbledon-0-1-fleetwood

Water on the pitch played a big part in Macclesfield's comedy winner.

http://www.sportbible.com/football/...g-goal-straight-out-of-sunday-league-20180330

Comedy gold

I’m pretty sure he used the exact phrase “recruitment team”.
Yes, but seemed to be referring to himself and ST primarily. My question was not intended sarcastically - I am genuinely interested in the way the player recruitment process works as it is something I know little about. Thanks to those who have provided some info and interesting links. :)

Nothing is going to change the way the team is performing. Not Robinson, Faz or us fans because we're broken! All we can do is try to remain positive and support the lads.
In the final game of last season we beat Shrewsbury 2-0 and from memory it could've been a couple more. This seasons line up will look so different that it's obvious it doesn't matter what formation we play we simply do not have enough quality in the side. What we had and what we have now are miles apart!

Last season we lined up with:
Eastwood
Ribs* Nelson Raglan** Skarz
Hall Ruffles Lunny Rothwell
Johnson, Maguire

* Ribs in for Edwards because he needed game time.
**Raglan in for Dunkley because he needed game time.
I'm sure someone will correct me but I think Connor McAleny had already gone but he looked quality.

In the summer through injury, transfers we lost in Bold:
Eastwood
Ribs Nelson Raglan Skarz
Hall
Ruffles Lunny Rothwell
Johnson Maguire

Edwards Dunkley McAleny
Oh and Hemmings and Sercombe

Total statto but thats 63 goals in all competitions!
Also looking at that line up Ruffles and Rothwell struggled to get in our starting 11 at times.

Of our current line up.
I would like us to keep
Eastwood, Ledson and Rothwell.

Todd Kane, Henry, Napa, Brannagan, Ruffles, Dickie are all okay but need better players around them. Plus if I'm honest if we are really looking to win promotion only 3 maybe 4 of the above would make the starting 11

Smith-Brown, Mousinho, Thomas, Martin, Buckley-Ricketts, Obika, Mehmeti, Ricardinho, Tiendalli, Williamson, Kellehner, Carroll, Mowatt, van Kessel and anyone else I've forgotten can jog on!

God I'm bored on a Saturday morning with no Football :)

You’ve forgotten Henry, who’s probably been our best player this season.

Also not terribly fair on Kelleher, who is only 21 and has been out on loan at Solihull. Presumably we bought him because he is a prospect rather than the finished article and he hasn't yet had a chance to show what he can do with us.

Back
Top Bottom