Ex Player Alex Rodriguez Gorrin

He’s looking exposed now. We’ve seen some good and some bad from him. Sadly it was a lot of the latter from him yesterday. He didn’t own his role and made numerous silly errors that led to free kicks.

However, I will say this in his defence - if you’re doing something wrong repeatedly and you’re not totally sure what to do about it, someone needs to tell you. After the first foul, someone needed to inform him of his role. He’s a loanee, a junior role to others in the team and needs some support.

This goes back to the leadership point that so many have recently. No leader on the pitch in the shape of a Mous character and then a manager who decided to throw scorn on the subs. Either could have told Shodipo what he should and shouldn’t be doing. No one seemed to.

He’s looking exposed now. We’ve seen some good and some bad from him. Sadly it was a lot of the latter from him yesterday. He didn’t own his role and made numerous silly errors that led to free kicks.

However, I will say this in his defence - if you’re doing something wrong repeatedly and you’re not totally sure what to do about it, someone needs to tell you. After the first foul, someone needed to inform him of his role. He’s a loanee, a junior role to others in the team and needs some support.

This goes back to the leadership point that so many have recently. No leader on the pitch in the shape of a Mous character and then a manager who decided to throw scorn on the subs. Either could have told Shodipo what he should and shouldn’t be doing. No one seemed to.
A lot on here were sneery about Jordan Graham but I wonder if he would have been a better signing?

Maybe his performance yesterday is why he can’t get in the QPR squad

Doesnt really need to be told to not foul every time he go to challenge for a ball.

I wonder if it’s related to his life outside football and his family moving up north? Seems to coincide with his downwards form, I think now seems to be the time to give Stevens a run of games and make a decision in Jan.

It looks like Jan is going to need a big overall, but KR has had long enough to bring together a balanced squad, but seems to have failed to build a squad to play the system he prefers and players playing in their favoured positions.

I wonder if it’s related to his life outside football and his family moving up north? Seems to coincide with his downwards form, I think now seems to be the time to give Stevens a run of games and make a decision in Jan.
They moved back down months ago. Think he’s just mentally shot and needs to go somewhere else for a fresh start.

Horrendus goalkeeping error at the end. I cant keep defending players. I have defended him long enough.
What’s interesting, though, is the look on his face after he said it. I’m not a mind reader or psychologist, but there is a complex set of thoughts going through his head after he said that.

I can't imagine there are too many defenders of Eastwood left. The credit bank is empty now and way too many errors have cost us valuable points this season. It's the main position on the pitch where mistakes are horribly exposed but it's also the position where if a change is made, those mistakes can be rectified. A straight swap for Stevens is necessary.

To me, the solution is that Stevens has the shirt until the end of January. The next month is a dress rehearsal for him of eight matches (if we include the FLT match too). If he does well, he gets the nod and we retain Eastwood as back up for the rest of the season. If things do not improve with him in the net, we bring in a loanee/free agent to see us through to the end of the season. We've got to do something about the situation as it cannot continue as it is. Lest we forget, Stevens actually has kept a clean sheet for us this season!

What’s interesting, though, is the look on his face after he said it. I’m not a mind reader or psychologist, but there is a complex set of thoughts going through his head after he said that.
I missed the interview, how do you mean? Like he didn't really believe what he was saying?

The quote is absolutely brutal but fair, to be honest.

As I said on Saturday - I've loved Easty, we all have, but the credit he had in the bank is totally gone. That is two monumental and nearly identical errors. The Archer stint in January is what did it. I think we all as fans had a collective 'oh s**t - there are other keepers out there who are just as good, if not better' moment, and it seems like maybe Easty did too.

I missed the interview, how do you mean? Like he didn't really believe what he was saying?
No - more like a kind of “hmm. There. I’ve said it out loud. Hmm. Might be repercussions. Hmm. Oh well.”

Or something.

No - more like a kind of “hmm. There. I’ve said it out loud. Hmm. Might be repercussions. Hmm. Oh well.”

Or something.

Just listened to the RadOx one back. Initially, KR says 'no comment' when asked about the 'keeper situation. In typical KR fashion, he then adds more to his no comment by saying:

'I've got a decision to make. I can't pick someone on years before what they've been good at. I have to pick people on performances right now and today his performance wasn't good enough. But that's as much as I'm going to say.'

Jack Stevens should be given until the end of the season rather than the pressure of an 8 match trial. Unless he has an awful 8 matches he needs confidence that he won't be dropped after one error ( he will make one or two)
Young players need nurturing but the rewards could be massive .
Really hope he is a success . Come on Jack your time is now !!

Horrendus goalkeeping error at the end. I cant keep defending players. I have defended him long enough.
If you watch it back - painful I know- he looks to pull out of the challenge - if he'd got part of his body making contact with the ball, he'd have cleared it - looks to me like he didn't fancy getting a whack from the Swindon player in the process.

Back
Top Bottom