EFL Not the Swindon Match Thread

I'm even more confused now Mark!

Why is this thread "set to auto-close"? I' didn't do that, I would neither know how to, nor want to. It kind of makes my point perfectly that everything has become far too regulated. As Steve Gilbert says above, if people want to talk about this next week, next month, or next year why stop them? Surely your advertisers want traffic and it seems all of these restrictions will reduce that.

I'm really not having a pop here, but I strongly believe that the purpose of a forum is to exchange views, not shut them down, otherwise what is the point of any of us being here?
See my above message, this should not have been set to lock.

To add, views on past match day threads are not increased 2-3 months after the fixture. The content is still viewable, just cannot be added too. Traffic is driven mainly by new content.

But there's nothing to stop anyone starting a new thread about an incident in a past game.

Last edited:
PHE do have that power. But not sure if they use it wisely.

Malcolm, I do honestly think the forum has been over complicated, should just have one match thread and be done with it, plus nobody else can start them anymore, has taken the fun out of it, just my opinion of course!

Malcolm, I do honestly think the forum has been over complicated, should just have one match thread and be done with it, plus nobody else can start them anymore, has taken the fun out of it, just my opinion of course!
I can't see how it's complicated?

We have a pre match thread so people can discuss the upcoming match if they want, a few days before. Then the match day thread, for Match Day.

It's completely separate to the MDT. But if others want to start the MDT then they need to do so early on the Match Day

Since we are giving feedback I’d like to add that I’m hugely grateful for the facilitation , moderation and general neutrality of the moderators. They do a thankless task and don’t get enough thanks. So thank you.

I would echo Colin’s views. That was a fascinating thread that just got killed and hard to get it going again now. Whilst we are at it I also think that there are now WAY TOO MANY sections. For those of us who like to view by section rather than latest thread it kills off our likelihood of joining in with multiple different threads.

+ Iplayer could just be a pinned thread in matches
+ National and international/ football league could be merged. Baldy left years ago.
+ Oxvox / oxford in the community / yellow army merged with a pinned thread on Oxvox and yellow army.
+ The stadium just have a pinned thread in management

Last edited:
See my above message, this should not have been set to lock.

To add, views on past match day threads are not increased 2-3 months after the fixture. The content is still viewable, just cannot be added too. Traffic is driven mainly by new content.

But there's nothing to stop anyone starting a new thread about an incident in a past game.
Why even lock match day threads at any time post match... whats the point?

Why even lock match day threads at any time post match... whats the point?
The idea was so when it was archived, they would be In order of the game.

Generally pre locking of MDT's, no messages were posted a week or two after the game ended.

Last edited:
Since we are giving feedback I’d like to add that I’m hugely grateful for the facilitation , moderation and general neutrality of the moderators. They do a thankless task and don’t get enough thanks. So thank you.

I would echo Colin’s views. That was a fascinating thread that just got killed and hard to get it going again now. Whilst we are at it I also think that there are now WAY TOO MANY sections. For those of us who like to view by section rather than latest thread it kills off our likelihood of joining in with multiple different threads.

+ Iplayer could just be a pinned thread in matches
+ National and international/ football league could be merged. Baldy left years ago.
+ Oxvox / oxford in the community / yellow army merged with a pinned thread on Oxvox and yellow army.
+ The stadium just have a pinned thread in management
The point about the thread being locked has been addressed and they will not lock so soon after now.

I find having threads within threads get overlooked and hardly used as they go unnoticed. Unless you view the forum via the new posts page that is.

With prefixes, I suppose we could merge the football sections into one. Not a bad shout.

Do we really need Oxvox, yellow army and oxford in the community? Look at the traffic levels in there .

Just saying ?...it’s your forum ?

Do we really need Oxvox, yellow army and oxford in the community? Look at the traffic levels in there .

Just saying ?...it’s your forum ?
It's something I have thought about, Oxford in the community was requested, but like you said, very quiet.

OxVox wanted their own section so they didn't have to maintain their own. Yellow Army could be used with a prefix in Matches.

28th would make sense with no other match being played I just hope the owners dog or the star strikers duck don’t get COVID this time

I hope we turn that date down to be honest and ask to play Doncaster instead on 28th.
No way should the club just accept what the EFL want.

Has there even been any outcome from their ‘investigations’ regarding the Crewe and Swindon games yet?

I hope we turn that date down to be honest and ask to play Doncaster instead on 28th.

Has there even been any outcome from their ‘investigations’ regarding the Crewe and Swindon games yet?
How you expecting Doncaster to play us when they are in the 2nd round of the FA cup?

Any particular reason we wouldn’t want to play them on that date?

Back
Top Bottom