NHS Covid-19 app

Will you download the app?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Have you seen all the data scare mongering and people thinking the Government would use the app to spy on them?

If location services was used, that would tip them over the edge.

BTW, they probably use a Google or Apple smart phone, with Facebook, maybe TikTok installed. Yet worried about a health app. D*CKS
They’ve probably got an Alexa or Home Hub device in their living room for good measure. Nearly guaranteed.

Anybody worrying about data abuse or an ability to spy on Joe Bloggs is so late to the party that there’s already someone passed out behind the telly.

I haven't downloaded it to .my own phone and don't intend too. I asked about our workphones on Monday. Still waiting for a reply though our customers and mine are paramount.

The app only takes the first part of the postcode so postal district.

So it now says... "LE3 includes areas in Local Covid Alert Level: Medium and Local Covid Alert Level: High."

I go to the gov website enter the full postcode and it is Local Covid Alert Level:High.

Nothing like clarity........... why can`t the app use a full postcode?

Jeez it is so simple...

My wife had an alert to say she has been in close contact with someone reporting it have Covid-19, but when she claimed the notification, nothing showed in the app, is it a false alert? What should show up?

I think the notifications are meaningless in regards to having to do anything and if anybody needed to isolate they would be contacted in person.

My wife had an alert to say she has been in close contact with someone reporting it have Covid-19, but when she claimed the notification, nothing showed in the app, is it a false alert? What should show up?

Phone picked up the person but the contact wasn`t long enough to matter.
We have to turn it off if we go into work now. :ROFLMAO:

I also had a notification yesterday which I subsequently couldn't find in the app. With a bit of digging, I found the following
https://faq.covid19.nhs.uk/article/KA-01319

Still awaiting the follow up notification......

I got the same thing, with a follow-up message (as per the link above) that gave the all clear. On iPhone, the notifications are from the iOS notification system, not the app itself, which is a bit, well, s**t.

Back
Top Bottom