NHS Covid-19 app

Will you download the app?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Battery drain vs getting a nasty virus that will knock you off your feet for 1 week minimum and risk your elderly and vulnerable family and friends.

It's not that I won't use it because it drains the battery, it's that if I am away from a charger for a day (less, judging by how it has acted today) then it will have drained the phone so much that it will have killed the phone so the app won't be working! In fact, the number of times I am going to be next to someone other than a member of my bubble for 15 minutes is very small. I am just going to have to remember to turn it on!

Here in Malaysia we have been using a mandatory app MySejahtera app. Its mandatory or you have to sign in each place. Its using barcodes and every shop or place has to have one.

It's the new norm and starts off as a bit of inconvenience. They also use temperature guns as well and measure your temperature each time, Mall, bar, restaurant, etc.

If you don't wear a mask in public you get fined. If you don't wear a mask in an establishment, you don't get in.

How long have they been doing this in the UK for?

It's not that I won't use it because it drains the battery, it's that if I am away from a charger for a day (less, judging by how it has acted today) then it will have drained the phone so much that it will have killed the phone so the app won't be working! In fact, the number of times I am going to be next to someone other than a member of my bubble for 15 minutes is very small. I am just going to have to remember to turn it on!
I carry something like this when I am out for the day, it's small, hardly notice it https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KY63Z3R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_B7bCFbB4GT8VR

But these days I'm barely out of the house long enough to even lose 50% battery.

My iPhone 6 won’t download it as it’s to old, as it does everything I want it to and is working fine I won’t update till my missus gets a new one and I get her old one, it saves us a small fortune doing that. So even though I would like to do it I can’t, I am guessing plenty of us will fall into Matt Hancocks small minority of people who can’t access it and render it a bit useless.

Battery drain by Bluetooth is a myth, there will be loads of sources about this . Maybe the software itself is causing an issue?

Battery drain by Bluetooth is a myth, there will be loads of sources about this . Maybe the software itself is causing an issue?
The software itself, afaik, does not need to be open as it's a Google/Apple service that's doing the contact tracing, you just need the app installed so it knows which health service to use.

The software itself, afaik, does not need to be open as it's a Google/Apple service that's doing the contact tracing, you just need the app installed so it knows which health service to use.
Which makes you wonder why people think there is Bluetooth drain, as over 24hrs leaving Bluetooth on in idle mode will make a difference in battery life of around 2 percent I think it is

Whilst the NHS does not develop the app, it's the name of the app on the Android and iOS stores.

Still nothing to do with the NHS though as has been demonstrated by not being to include NHS/PHE testing results.

Last edited:
Looks like they have fixed the non-app booked positive test result issue and will fix the negative result soon.

Still nothing to do with the NHS though as has been demonstrated by not being to include NHS/PHE testing results.
Damn! I shall have to un-install the app right away. Not the NHS, you say? Poor show. Very poor show.

Just what are they doing with my taxes? I want an NHS app. Sack the government.

I`m waiting for the "its Big Brother" conspiracy theorists to roll up...................................................

You know those folk who don`t own mobile phones nor use the internet....

Back
Top Bottom