League One New Plough Lane Stadium

West Oxon U’s

EhyDfCWWoAAHCFx

Is it (like Brentford) part of an integrated development - those flats in the background, shops etc? That seems to be the new thing.

The big stand is how it was going to be all the way round. As funding has dried up they now have something akin to Banbury United on the other 3

Is it (like Brentford) part of an integrated development - those flats in the background, shops etc? That seems to be the new thing.
It is yes. Taking up the rest of the space of the old greyhound stadium site. Helping to pay for it.

Remember the trips to speedway there. Only time I can remember watching the yellows there Joe Cooke scored in a win. Can’t remember the score, 3 - 1 I think. I wonder when the nurse is due to change the dressings...

Like it. Fans close to the pitch (when they are allowed back of course) what's the nearest railway station out of interest?

Like it. Fans close to the pitch (when they are allowed back of course) what's the nearest railway station out of interest?
Haydons Road train (0.5 mile) or Wimbledon train (1.5 mile), Wimbledon Park tube.

I live nearby when the whole development is up and running traffic and parking nearby is going to be horrendous. Mind you Sadiq and tfl love it like that.

I live nearby when the whole development is up and running traffic and parking nearby is going to be horrendous. Mind you Sadiq and tfl love it like that.
lots of 'fees' to fleece from visiting football supporters ... 'Kerching' for Sadiq & TFL, each n every time Wimbledon play at home (when fans are eventually allowed back)

Fans will actually be able to see the pitch from the stands at their place now.

Not sure whether thats a good or bad idea.

• React
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom