National News National Lockdown coming

I love reading about the stories about the rule breaking and then the posters giving it the big un on how stupid and irresponsible these actions are but come on we’ve all broke these guidelines to a degree or two , haven’t we ?

One rave and one game of British Bulldog but that's been it.

In laws were saying the army was on the bridge from Oxfordshire into Reading today. Don't know if it's true or what checks if any, they were carrying out. Anyone out had experience of this?

They're often there.

A town like Reading doesn't get to that size on free will.

So who in tier 2 is still thinking that going to the Boxing Day game is a sensible idea ?

So who in tier 2 is still thinking that going to the Boxing Day game is a sensible idea ?
I hadn’t applied for a ticket but if I could get to the game without using the train then I’d still go. It’s far quieter and spaced out at the ground than it is in the shopping centres and supermarkets.

However I wouldn’t go if it meant using trains and buses at the moment.

Still think there could be a sting in the tale and we might see tier 3 and 4 restrictions applied very soon which might take the choice away.

Not before time. They just want our John Lewis!
Worked with quite a few guys on site from Berks and Bucks on an Oxford Uni project. I don’t think OB on bridges will make much difference when they’re allowed to come here and work.

Apologies I meant to say this week.

They had sausage and chips from the canteen so they should be immune though with a substantial meal.

• React
Reactions: m
I love reading about the stories about the rule breaking and then the posters giving it the big un on how stupid and irresponsible these actions are but come on we’ve all broke these guidelines to a degree or two , haven’t we ?
No.

Been working down near Hastings and staying over this week, working away is alright as we can eat and drink in the hotel even in tier 4, had a lovely couple of days.

Been working down near Hastings and staying over this week, working away is alright as we can eat and drink in the hotel even in tier 4, had a lovely couple of days.
For a minute I thought that was the start to a new Bob Dylan song.

Well my covid test result came through at 3-30 this morning. It's negative! I am relieved as my taste altered (no, I still support OUFC) and I've had a low grade fever. Whilst waiting for the test result, I had a flu jab and felt awful all day yesterday. I am still self isolating as I am hoping it will be possible to see my Grandchildren at some point.
I really have worked hard at staying safe, and it's a big relief to know that I'm negative.
Stay well everyone.

Still unsure on what’s allowed on Xmas day. I’m in tier 4 as is all my family. My daughter lives on her own so I can include her in my household. We also provided childcare to my son and his young family in a childcare bubble during school term.
Have checked again Govt rules but still unsure. So my daughter is ok to stay over Xmas, my quandary is can my son and family also visit on Xmas day as we’re in a childcare bubble with them?

Still unsure on what’s allowed on Xmas day. I’m in tier 4 as is all my family. My daughter lives on her own so I can include her in my household. We also provided childcare to my son and his young family in a childcare bubble during school term.
Have checked again Govt rules but still unsure. So my daughter is ok to stay over Xmas, my quandary is can my son and family also visit on Xmas day as we’re in a childcare bubble with them?

In Tier 4 areas in England, you cannot meet other people indoors unless you live with them or they are part of your support bubble.

If you do not live in a Tier 4 area, you may see a maximum of two other households (your ‘Christmas bubble’) on Christmas Day (25 December). You cannot see anyone from a Tier 4 area.

You should think very carefully about the risks and only form a Christmas bubble if you feel you absolutely need to. Wherever possible, discuss alternatives to meeting up in person.

In Tier 4 areas in England, you cannot meet other people indoors unless you live with them or they are part of your support bubble.

If you do not live in a Tier 4 area, you may see a maximum of two other households (your ‘Christmas bubble’) on Christmas Day (25 December). You cannot see anyone from a Tier 4 area.

You should think very carefully about the risks and only form a Christmas bubble if you feel you absolutely need to. Wherever possible, discuss alternatives to meeting up in person.

I’ve seen that thanks but my confusion is that I’m already in a bubble with them for childcare which I think is permissible at Xmas but I’ve also created a household bubble with my daughter so can both bubbles be present on Xmas day? 🤔

Given that you have already formed an ad hoc support bubble with your son and family and you are in Tier 4, they are the only ones who can come to you on Christmas Day, your daughter cannot visit or stay. You cannot be in more than one bubble.

Given that you have already formed an ad hoc support bubble with your son and family and you are in Tier 4, they are the only ones who can come to you on Christmas Day, your daughter cannot visit or stay. You cannot be in more than one bubble.
Thanks, that was my thinking as well around only having one bubble but finding that hard to decipher in the government blurb! Actually it’s my daughter that’s going to stop, very sad not to see my son and especially the young grandchildren but as I said to them there are thousands going to be worse off than us this Xmas and we have to be grateful for where we’re at as a family compared to some.

If you do that, then you and your daughter are the bubble. You can't then start doing the childcare thing again in a couple of weeks with your son's family. If you want to do that, then your daughter can't become part of some sort of temporary bubble with you and your son and family are the only people you can see at Xmas. It's a real b****r (we are also in Tier 4) - but like you, touch wood, we and our grown up children are in a lot better situations than some other so you have to count your blessings.

Back
Top Bottom