Fan's View MK Dons v Oxford player ratings

On both occasions, Taylor had pressed the keeper into making a much quicker clearance rather than eating up the last minute of the half. With everyone else 40 yards further up the pitch it would have been impossible for Taylor to get back on side once, let alone twice. Maybe rather than getting irked, you should look at the incident in context and relax a little!
Now come on, Mr. Egg, that's a little unfair. Sitting here watching a pretty gash game between Palace and Fulham I'm totally relaxed, as I was for the most part yesterday afternoon.

Not sure re Stevens and the goal, looks like he would have been unsighted to me.
Looking closely at the goal it was similar to the wide inswinging free kick you see that everyone expects someone to get a touch and when they don't it creeps in the corner....not exactly the same but close I thought.

Did people actually watch the whole game or just spent the last 26 minutes focusing on Agyie?!

Moore and Brannagan were very good and I thought Moore was MOM closely followed by Brannagan. Long was good considering he has been out injured for a few games. Taylor was poor and I thought Robinson should of started Winnal yesterday instead of Taylor.
The rest of the players were around the 5 to 6 Mark. Agyie did well when he came on.

Tuesday I’d go with:

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffles
Brannagan Kelly
Lee Henry Barker
Taylor

I don’t think Shodipo and Barker do well starting together and Shodipo is better coming off the bench. Sykes also does more off the bench IMO. Gorrin needs a break as he is now looking very leggy. Agyie should be on the bench again and if he comes on and does the same as he did yesterday and Taylor still struggles then Agyie should start next Saturday.

I don't understand why Agyei is held to a different standard to almost all of our other players. He is put under pressure to perform every time he gets 20 minutes off the bench, and often as a winger which is not his position. Taylor is allowed to do nothing all game for a series of games but if Agyei has a bad game he gets crucified.

I have a real fear we'll end up letting him go and he'll bag 20 goals + somewhere like AFC Wimbledon where he is allowed to play week in week out in his natural position

I don't understand why Agyei is held to a different standard to almost all of our other players. He is put under pressure to perform every time he gets 20 minutes off the bench, and often as a winger which is not his position. Taylor is allowed to do nothing all game for a series of games but if Agyei has a bad game he gets crucified.

I have a real fear we'll end up letting him go and he'll bag 20 goals + somewhere like AFC Wimbledon where he is allowed to play week in week out in his natural position
If he goes to AFC wimbledon then it would show he wasn’t good enough for us as IMO that’s a step down. I suppose starting his contract talks off with the billy big time attitude hasn’t helped him either.

Doesn't help when he comes off the bench, has an open goal and tries to take on two players before missing instead of tapping it in. That will NOT get you into the starting eleven.
This is a bit unfair On Agyei. Based on that comment, then Taylor should be dropped. Missed a sitter against Swindon, missed 3 or 4 chances against Tranmere, missed a header against Ipswich. Why should Taylor be exempt from blame?

This is a bit unfair On Agyei. Based on that comment, then Taylor should be dropped. Missed a sitter against Swindon, missed 3 or 4 chances against Tranmere, missed a header against Ipswich. Why should Taylor be exempt from blame?
There doesn't need to be an either or tit for tat scenario though does there? (which i'm sure is the point you're making)

I suppose starting his contract talks off with the billy big time attitude hasn’t helped him either.
WOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!

This place is absolutely unbelievable at times. It’s just a propaganda machine designed to see who can crawl the furthest up the a**e of certain individuals, by either inventing or spreading whatever necessary to change the narrative. Distorted reality all over the shop. I remember when the rumour of him having an “attitude problem” was first peddled by the usual odious little rat. The same rat who then tried to claim that anyone who thought Robinson had a personal issue with him was being petty, despite the fact that THEY were the ones who claimed as much by making up the nonsense to begin with. Which is it?

My favourite part about this forum is watching people speak with authority and certainty about individuals whose details sit firmly in my contacts book. One day we’ll have some semblance of truth and reality back to the debate. Until then I’ll continue to sit and laugh with disbelief.

Stevens - 6 Not shakin' today
Long - Not Long enough for a rating
Moore - 6 Could do more
Atkinson - 6.
Ruffels - 6 - didn't ruffle the opposition enough.
Brannagan - 6
Gorrin - 6.
Shodipo - I don't rate him
Lee - 6.
Barker - 5. Bark worse than his bite.
Taylor - 5. Should have had the opposition sown up, but didn't.

Subs
Winnall - Should not play when we draw.
Henry - 5. Not enough steam today
Agyei - I don't rate him
Skyes - I don't rate him
Forde - passed with care

I remember when the rumour of him having an “attitude problem” was first peddled...

But surely, Ryan, not worshipping our manager is prima facie proof of having an attitude problem. Just grow up and swallow it [snigger].

WOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!

This place is absolutely unbelievable at times. It’s just a propaganda machine designed to see who can crawl the furthest up the a**e of certain individuals, by either inventing or spreading whatever necessary to change the narrative. Distorted reality all over the shop. I remember when the rumour of him having an “attitude problem” was first peddled by the usual odious little rat. The same rat who then tried to claim that anyone who thought Robinson had a personal issue with him was being petty, despite the fact that THEY were the ones who claimed as much by making up the nonsense to begin with. Which is it?

My favourite part about this forum is watching people speak with authority and certainty about individuals whose details sit firmly in my contacts book. One day we’ll have some semblance of truth and reality back to the debate. Until then I’ll continue to sit and laugh with disbelief.
There are also rumours of him being a nice lad and a Christian. Us little people don’t know what to believe.

WOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!

1614536756369.jpeg

You called?

WOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!

I have no clue who you’re on about although I’m sure I can guess. I was just making a comment about something that I know happened and merely saying it might not of got him off to a good start. If you are going to make bold claims then make sure you back them up or it bite you on the a**e. In the situation of Agyie there might of been a chance it has.

As Robinson said yesterday. He has all the tools to be a success but what he isn’t is consistent, whether that be in games or training and if he isn’t consistent in training then he is going to struggle to hold down a place in the squad.

Petulant is a bit of a stretch! "Stiker in clumsy challenge" would be more accurate, and you'll see a thousand of them!!
It was a clumsy challenge and if he had caught their keeper Taylor would have walked. I do like Taylor but effectively Taylor should have had a red card. Thankfully he didn’t.

Back
Top Bottom