Milk cup 1986.....League cup

cassox

Always bugged me....when we won the Milk cup we were presented that cheap piece of crap and not the League Cup.....fair enough the milk peeps sponsored it but what was wrong with presenting the actual League cup alongside the cheapo cup??? and another question.....was our club name engraved onto the League cup???.....when the Carabo cup was presented they didnt present a cheapo cup then,they presented the League cup in all its glory.

Part of our history. Not sure I'd call it a cheap piece of crap.
BUT i want the LEAGUE CUP....a magnificent trophy.......have you actually seen the Milk cup close up??? it IS a piece of tat.....anyway.....is our name on the league cup????

I’ve had a look on the Internet for photos of the League Cup that shows engravings.
This was the best I could find. It doesn’t show Oxford, but you can see it lists the different sponsors, so possible Oxford’s been added.
Although, considering the competition has been going since the early 60s there must be more than one base if all the winners have been engraved, and would be likely Oxford’s on an earlier base.

1610402548870.jpeg

I’ve had a look on the Internet for photos of the League Cup that shows engravings.
This was the best I could find. It doesn’t show Oxford, but you can see it lists the different sponsors, so possible Oxford’s been added.
Although, considering the competition has been going since the early 60s there must be more than one base if all the winners have been engraved, and would be likely Oxford’s on an earlier base.

View attachment 5284
Trouble is worthington and carling unlike Milk and Littlewoods didnt get a trophy knocked up for the competition and just used the original cup,be interesting to get a few different angles.....surely its on there??

At the time I was just glad to see that third goal go in. Looking back I don't want to find fault with anything about that glorious day. However, would have been nice if Maurice had given sub Andy Thomas a few minutes when we were 3-0 up. Standing ovation for Hebberd maybe.

Back
Top Bottom