International News Immigration

The Dutch are still jealous of Brotherhood of Man snatching Eurovision from under their hooked noses in The Hague back in 1976. Petty race, not like us.
Your behind the times chap, ronald koeman dicking Graham Taylor settled that debt.

Seems Greece are "being naughty" and the EU agency Frontex are turning a blind eye.
Wonder how many safe countries they travelled through from the DRC?

I think you are confusing a 'migrant' with a 'refugee', a distinction which is key in these things. The classification of a group of people will always be controversial of course.

I think you are confusing a 'migrant' with a 'refugee', a distinction which is key in these things. The classification of a group of people will always be controversial of course.

No confusion here because I would use a pertinent word in these cases...... illegal.

Seek refuge or migrate..... legally.

No confusion here because I would use a pertinent word in these cases...... illegal.

Seek refuge or migrate..... legally.
You are obviously confused because of the 'safe country' comment.

If we were Greece we’d be “ naughty”, thin end of the wedge springs to mind.
Why oh why are we not setting up joint Anglo/French immigration screening centres in France.

You are obviously confused because of the 'safe country' comment.

They could happily stop in either their own country & apply from there as migrants (economic or otherwise) , or from another safe country that they arrive in as refugee`s.

However the Golden Ticket appeal of landing in the EU and those transparent borders is to much of a draw...

And a month later .............................

"Upon arrival they are being pushed to the border and forced to make an illegal entry into the European Union," said Commission spokesman Peter Stano."

Bit like all those folk getting in boats in France.... pushed to the border and forced to make an illegal entry into the UK.

Sauce for the goose and all that ....

And a month later .............................

"Upon arrival they are being pushed to the border and forced to make an illegal entry into the European Union," said Commission spokesman Peter Stano."

Bit like all those folk getting in boats in France.... pushed to the border and forced to make an illegal entry into the UK.

Sauce for the goose and all that ....
Nothing like a bit of Russian led shenanigans, eh? Belarus doing its bit as a good little doggie.

1000 over on boats today. So much for migration controls that the government promised

1000 over on boats today. So much for migration controls that the government promised

If folk are willing to risk their lives and we continue to accept them then it will happen.
Hold them in Kent, fill up a ferry & ship them back to France.
Too simple it seems.

If folk are willing to risk their lives and we continue to accept them then it will happen.
Hold them in Kent, fill up a ferry & ship them back to France.
Too simple it seems.

I think that is against international law hence the criticism of Polish/Belarus border guards trying to force migrants over the border in either direction.

I think that is against international law hence the criticism of Polish/Belarus border guards trying to force migrants over the border in either direction.

The Dublin Regulation requires that asylum seekers have their asylum claim registered in the first country they arrive in, and that the decision of the first EU country they apply in is the final decision in all EU countries.

Migrants have rights under International Law and HRA but States also have the right to act appropriately. The problem we have is that there is no International water in the Channel, as soon as they leave a beach in France they are in UK/French water.

So returning them to France would stop the flow and nullify the people smuggling rings.

Set up a processing centre in France and allow them in a legitimate and managed way. If they`ve ditched their documents then tough luck, you stay in France.

1185 latest figures.
Government breaching international law if they turn them back apparently.
I suppose they get their Covid jabs on entry

1185 latest figures.
Government breaching international law if they turn them back apparently.
I suppose they get their Covid jabs on entry

Would it breach international law if we accept them, feed them, check them over then send them back to France?

Back
Top Bottom