Champions League Meanwhile, at the trough

Oxymoron

More games, when the managers are already whinging that they play too many.

I've not watched many champions league matches in the last few years admittedly, but even now there are too many against teams that are no kind of incentive to watch, now there will be even more.

And of course the clause to make sure the "big" clubs cannot miss out on the trough:
"Under the new proposals, it is understood three clubs will qualify based on their UEFA co-efficient which looks at past performance, meaning European heavyweights such as Manchester United and Real Madrid could still qualify even if they missed out on qualification via the conventional route."

Better to have your own super league and money coming in than have the clubs cut you out I guess.

So what is the Swiss model?
As I understand it, teams are ranked according to ability, quality, strength - whatever, I'll let you decide what makes a "good" team - and the fixtures are arranged such that there are no complete mis-matched pairings. The rankings are adjusted after each round of matches and another set of fixtures are drawn up. The thinking behind this is to allow teams which have a bad start to stay in the competition with a chance of progressing as the standard of the opposition theoretically reduces along with your form and/or results. You will not play every team in the league and you never play the same team twice.

Or something like that.

can see both the FA Cup and League cup competitions - after PL clubs demanded no replays and other changes - being devalued even more as 'top' PL sides wont enter because they're chasing a share of big TV rights in the ESL

Have The FA got any balls? find out when this takes proper shape methinks

As I understand it, teams are ranked according to ability, quality, strength - whatever, I'll let you decide what makes a "good" team - and the fixtures are arranged such that there are no complete mis-matched pairings. The rankings are adjusted after each round of matches and another set of fixtures are drawn up. The thinking behind this is to allow teams which have a bad start to stay in the competition with a chance of progressing as the standard of the opposition theoretically reduces along with your form and/or results. You will not play every team in the league and you never play the same team twice.

Or something like that.

Not a bad effort. But in actual fact, Swiss Model is a fully automated protein structure homology-modelling server, accessible via the Expasy web server, or from the program DeepView (Swiss Pdb-Viewer). The purpose of this server is to make protein modelling accessible to all life science researchers worldwide.

No, I haven't a clue either; but it sounds like it would start off being fun then it would be like watching Liverpoo vs Manure every evening.

Back
Top Bottom