Current Player Mark Sykes

Bath Yellow

Disappointed over the three games with Henry, not because of the chance he missed last night, just hasnt been up to it, usually one to rely on to make us tick. think maybe it affected how Taylor played without that usual understanding together.

yellowbow

Mark Sykes seems a very eloquent, switched on young man. I dont think we’ll have any windmill shenanaigans to worry about with this fella ? Hopefully he’ll be one of the mainstays in another successful campaign next season.

AbbeyOx

Mark Sykes seems a very eloquent, switched on young man. I dont think we’ll have any windmill shenanaigans to worry about with this fella ? Hopefully he’ll be one of the mainstays in another successful campaign next season.

well that clears up if it was a cross or a shot

ljs

Apologies if it’s been said before but I think Sykes is going to be a real key man for us if we are to go one better this season. Love his attitude and seems to have an impact when involved no matter how many times he’s been left out. Could be his big year!
Im not so sure. To me, he still has a tendency to sometimes pass the ball without actually looking to see who is there, which has resulted in some lucky escapes. Also still a bit lightweight.

Scotchegg

From the spin session pictures released today, it looks like Sykes has provisionally been given the number 10 shirt for next season.
Yes, something I noticed too. I believe Sykes has been in negotiations about a contract extension and maybe part of that was being in the starting line up with a squad number that reflects that. However, we made a big thing of Gavin Whytes new shirt number last season so hopefully this doesn't bite us in the cycling shorts later!!!

Kamal

Something along the lines of "Everyone keeps telling me that Mark Sykes is a good footballer" and "You can't teach a midfielder to watch his shoulder from a throw in".

Selfy on the radio says KR has thrown him under the bus.

OUFCGav

Something along the lines of "Everyone keeps telling me that Mark Sykes is a good footballer" and "You can't teach a midfielder to watch his shoulder from a throw in".

Selfy on the radio says KR has thrown him under the bus.
Sykes would probably have missed the bus he was thrown towards with today's performance.

tonyw

Said it on the match thread - but I would put that 30 minute cameo from Sykes in my list of worst individual Oxford performances I've seen over the past thirty years.

Every time he got the ball, he panicked and gave it away.

But then, with five minutes to go in a game you're trying to see out, to let your man run past you into the area on a simple throw-in? You just cannot do that.

I don't expect we'll see much of him in the next couple of months (expect maybe the Tinpot Trophy).

unification

Bearing in mind he held back on some including a ‘no comment’ on Eastwood, the subs got the flack and Sykes got namechecked as someone who underperformed.

Ricey

Alright in a number of positions - master of none. All the subs helped ruin the performance today...

RyanioBirdio

Bit rich of the manager to say other people tell him he’s a good player when he gave him the number 10 shirt in the summer. Does he give players the 10 shirt because other people think he’s good, then? Not because he rates him? We’ll gloss over all the times he’s gushed over him previously, too. Let’s just focus on that big bus. Karl’s upset.

He doesn’t need stitching up any more than he’s stitched himself up with his performance. That switching to the Republic is looking optimistic.

Followtheox1

He was fantastic against Newcastle and I thought he was going to kick on. However, he just hasn't unfortunately. Lacks end product in terms of goals and assists.