Current Player #18 Marcus McGuane

True enough. I heard it before the start and immediately thought "that's a big squirrel".

That's right. I know that Kloop is a big fan of Radio Oxford, Guardiola subscribes to the Oxford Mail and Zidedine Zidane posts on here under the pseudonym @greatunclekip
In all fairness scotch @Mellowyellow dies have a point. When names are mentioned as potential signings other clubs do have a look. It would have been good it something was sorted regarding McGuane or any potential signings that on a 5 mins fans forum he KR could come on and say “ before any questions Jerome I’d like to announce the signing of “ that would give this forum something positive to message about.

In all fairness scotch @Mellowyellow dies have a point. When names are mentioned as potential signings other clubs do have a look. It would have been good it something was sorted regarding McGuane or any potential signings that on a 5 mins fans forum he KR could come on and say “ before any questions Jerome I’d like to announce the signing of “ that would give this forum something positive to message about.

Names of players are circulated by clubs and agents a thousands time more than anything that comes through local press or on internet forums.

And if Robindon started this weeks fans forum by announcing a signing then exactly the same people would be saying that it had been deliberately done to detract from any difficult questions.

Rumours and half stories are part of the whole transfer experience, and you're often the first to ask if we've signed someone. If nothing was said until contracts were signed then we'd have a very boring summer ahead of us.

Let’s hope his knee is fully recovered should we sign him full time. Likewise the additional thigh problem he picked up at a later date.

Names of players are circulated by clubs and agents a thousands time more than anything that comes through local press or on internet forums.

And if Robindon started this weeks fans forum by announcing a signing then exactly the same people would be saying that it had been deliberately done to detract from any difficult questions.

Rumours and half stories are part of the whole transfer experience, and you're often the first to ask if we've signed someone. If nothing was said until contracts were signed then we'd have a very boring summer ahead of us.
It's one thing for us on here to speculate and repeat tittle tattle. 99% of it is rubbish and hardly anyone knows which 1% is the truth.
That's slightly different to a manager flapping his lips eight games before the end of the season and miles out of the transfer window - which both a bit silly and possibly counter-productive.

Maybe he isn’t available or at least forest haven’t made him available and KR is just testing the water and might have gotten some positive vibes

It seems that some Forest fans want to see him back at their club and are questions whether the club would sell.

That's right. I know that Kloop is a big fan of Radio Oxford, Guardiola subscribes to the Oxford Mail and Zidedine Zidane posts on here under the pseudonym @greatunclekip
Look Scotchy, its common knowledge that if we were relegated to the conference, you would still want robinson proposed to the pope for sainthood, but surely even you can see the whole robinson PR machine has simply started early this year, to deflect from a poor season and 3 years of standing still.
Fans have to put up with this every year; part 1) The smokescreen of getting players in early.

The transfer window doesn't open for a long time, so how does he propose buying a player still in contract at the start of April? McGuane would be a good signing, but broadcasting that you want him in early April to the world?

He's a one man PR machine at times, and plays the fans like a fiddle, hopefully the new board can see past him, if yet another season goes down the pan, the season in which he was given the backing he wanted and it looks like he has blown it.

Look Scotchy, its common knowledge that if we were relegated to the conference, you would still want robinson proposed to the pope for sainthood, but surely even you can see the whole robinson PR machine has simply started early this year, to deflect from a poor season and 3 years of standing still.
Fans have to put up with this every year; part 1) The smokescreen of getting players in early.

The transfer window doesn't open for a long time, so how does he propose buying a player still in contract at the start of April? McGuane would be a good signing, but broadcasting that you want him in early April to the world?

He's a one man PR machine at times, and plays the fans like a fiddle, hopefully the new board can see past him, if yet another season goes down the pan, the season in which he was given the backing he wanted and it looks like he has blown it.
The "new" board are exactly like the "old" board. Nothing changes so I've no idea why you round think otherwise.

And you’re naive if you think that contract conversations never take place outside of transfer windows. Marcus McGuane and Nottingham Forest can certainly agree a deal in principal that is ratified as soon as the window opens.

The "new" board are exactly like the "old" board. Nothing changes so I've no idea why you round think otherwise.

And you’re naive if you think that contract conversations never take place outside of transfer windows. Marcus McGuane and Nottingham Forest can certainly agree a deal in principal that is ratified as soon as the window opens.
Yes they could but we should know this week.

Why don’t Jerome or Nathan on Radox pick him up on this point that deals tend to drag on and not say anything until it is confirmed
I’m sure he would come back with he wants to let the fans know what is going on.
But I think the majority of fans would like to wait until something concrete is in place
Just look at the Transfer window threads on here. KR mentions someone vaguely and there are 20 pages of speculation on one player.
I would also like those ITK to keep quiet until something is concrete as well.

I think the McGuane situation could backfire. It alerts clubs. I forget who it was but one of our signings was all set to join Port Vale we then went in at the last minute and brought him here. Someone on here will know who it was

Why don’t Jerome or Nathan on Radox pick him up on this point that deals tend to drag on and not say anything until it is confirmed
I’m sure he would come back with he wants to let the fans know what is going on.
But I think the majority of fans would like to wait until something concrete is in place
Just look at the Transfer window threads on here. KR mentions someone vaguely and there are 20 pages of speculation on one player.
I would also like those ITK to keep quiet until something is concrete as well.

I think the McGuane situation could backfire. It alerts clubs. I forget who it was but one of our signings was all set to join Port Vale we then went in at the last minute and brought him here. Someone on here will know who it was
It was Mark Sykes.

I think some of our best recent signings are ones nobody has heard of and we first hear of them on the day of the signing
Whyte
Dickie
Atkinson

Then we are linked with players like Winnall/Grigg who are past it and cost us a fortune and drag on forever

Back
Top Bottom