Current Player #18 Marcus McGuane

Id be happy with this signing. Hes not somebody who will transform us from the bottling also rans we are now, but he gives us impetus from midfield and will benefit from frequent football.

Whether he fancies an annual relegation battle followed by a valiant run to mid table is another question. Still, Sean Clare could do a job there....
Don't worry he has no desire to play alongside crap players for a crap manager so that's Swindon out of the equation

Id be happy with this signing. Hes not somebody who will transform us from the bottling also rans we are now, but he gives us impetus from midfield and will benefit from frequent football.

Whether he fancies an annual relegation battle followed by a valiant run to mid table is another question. Still, Sean Clare could do a job there....
you have to bottle more than one game to be bottlers you know?

Wasnt there a similar over-hyped fanfare when we signed Jordan Graham on loan? As others have said, he has potential, but hopefully he wont be drummed up as the marquee signing of the summer IF he signs. For his sake as much as anything. Hopefully he’ll be allowed to find his feet without too much pressure.
The same Jordan Graham who’s been League 1’s best winger this season :/

Iam sure we would all like him to sign for us but it wil also be important the back up midfielders we sign . At the moment we have alot of average ones . And we also need another striker and with Karl liking wingers a few of them too .Let's hope it's a much better year on the transfer front.

I cannot believe some of you are indifferent about us signing Marcus Maguane!

He is a Rolls Royce of a player and plays in a position that we have nobody else to fill. He is the sort of player that you rarely see at League One level, and reminds me of a slightly stronger Shandon Baptiste. His ball retention and movement is excellent and he adapted very well to League One football once he'd figured it out after the first few games. He'd be a very bankable asset too, the right age and CV, and to my mind is the sort of player you build a team around. I'd be both envious and pissed off if he went to a Peterborough or Portsmouth instead of us.

Did anyone else collect the empty wrappers and put them back in the box to sniff later? - Only me then?
Not to sniff, but to add some jeapardy when others reach into the box later on and pull out an empty one... Oh how I laugh!!

Perhaps by starting when there's still a fair few games left of the previous season, KR's "getting business done early" will ACTUALLY be in time for pre season?

Please don't call them Notts Forest Karl, you will really miss them off!

He is a Rolls Royce of a player and plays in a position that we have nobody else to fill. He is the sort of player that you rarely see at League One level, and reminds me of a slightly stronger Shandon Baptiste. His ball retention and movement is excellent and he adapted very well to League One football once he'd figured it out after the first few games. He'd be a very bankable asset too, the right age and CV, and to my mind is the sort of player you build a team around. I'd be both envious and pissed off if he went to a Peterborough or Portsmouth instead of us.

I know everyone is pissed off right now, and I sit at completely opposite end of the spectrum, but the negativity on here is draining at times.

Marcus McGuane is a very good league one player with the potential to go much higher and would be an excellent signing that shows real intent. The fact that this could be completed in April rather than August is also a sign that we're "getting our business done early" which so many have been screaming out for.

It's insane to say that one thigh injury makes him injury prone or a crock. It's football, players get injured! He's not the messiah, nobody has claimed that he is. But a midfield with Brannagan, Gorrin, McGuane, Leon Chambers-Parillon and possibly Sean Clare is looking good.

There's plenty to moan about, but Marcus McGuane ain't one of them!

I know everyone is pissed off right now, and I sit at completely opposite end of the spectrum, but the negativity on here is draining at times.

Marcus McGuane is a very good league one player with the potential to go much higher and would be an excellent signing that shows real intent. The fact that this could be completed in April rather than August is also a sign that we're "getting our business done early" which so many have been screaming out for.

It's insane to say that one thigh injury makes him injury prone or a crock. It's football, players get injured! He's not the messiah, nobody has claimed that he is. But a midfield with Brannagan, Gorrin, McGuane, Leon Chambers-Parillon and possibly Sean Clare is looking good.

There's plenty to moan about, but Marcus McGuane ain't one of them!
Branagan Gorrin Henry and Mcguane is a top league one midfield. If all had stayed fit and in form we’d be in the playoff places now, I’m sure, though im not absolving Karl of blame for our disappointing end of season

Agree with this.

Back
Top Bottom