Matches Lincoln at home - live on sky

It was Derby and it was his debut iirc. And although you aren't being serious, you might be close!!

I was sure it was Norwich - didn't we win there on telly as well - the Scottish fella scoring for us??

Yes, in an age when it would never have affected a single soul. ST holders would be at the game, all other UK fans would have to buy it anyway regardless of platform (if they even could buy the game given the blackout regulations relating to iFollow use), and so it all meant nothing. The only people losing out here are ST holders who as I have already pointed out are a small number of people, a large percentage of whom will already be Sky customers, and who are the ones who have kept the product going so as to be sold in the first place. With the way of the world now things are different, and ONLY SKY AS THE RIGHTS HOLDER can go, “Do you know what? Let ST holders keep their access. They’re a drop in the ocean anyway. This means nothing to us.”

There are a million reasons to whack the EFL around the knees but this isn’t one of them. Sky are choosing to flick all the switches off rather than leaving one on, and they don’t need to do it. It’s unnecessary. The deal says they can do this but they can choose not to, in the same way that Americans have the right to own a gun but they don’t have to own a gun. It’s a matter of choice in an unprecedented time, and the only people with the ability to make that choice is Sky.
It's not just ST holders who are being hard done by. Anyone who bought an ifollow monthly video pass is similarly prevented from seeing what they have paid for.

When is the last time we were on TV and did win? Luton in the JPT semis in '17?

When is the last time we were on TV and did win? Luton in the JPT semis in '17?
probably then ... though maybe a not on sky televised fa cup early-round match since?

Well........at the risk of getting a load of abuse back, an alternative view might be:

- This helps to raise the profile of the club especially if it's a top of the table clash
- Do OUFC get a 'match fee' from Sky?
- If we don't get a 'match fee', Sky do provide a lot of money through the EFL deal which feeds down to the clubs and so are entitled to show matches. If they can't show the matches, the money dries up.
- It's fairly rare that we're on Sky and so hardly a recurring ball-ache

I have both a ST and Sky and so am no better or worse off by this announcement, just pointing out a few other aspects.
Hang on, I've paid for this through my season ticket, I don't want to give money to Sky at the best of times but I particularly don't want to pay again to see a home game.

probably then ... though maybe a not on sky televised fa cup early-round match since?
If we're not counting the play-off shootout vs Pompey, latest I could find was vs Hayes+Yeading (early 19/20 season, FA first round on BT Sport, 0-2 win).

I was sure it was Norwich - didn't we win there on telly as well - the Scottish fella scoring for us??

We've won there twice according to Rageonline, 3-2 in '96 in the Lg Cup and 3-1 in '98. A Scot (well kind of in 1) scored in both, Matt Elliott in '96 and Andy Thomson in '98.

'96 (Robert Fleck and Darren Eadie both got sent off and taking the pee over it that night was glorious):

'98 (Bellamy's goal, now the forward would go down for a penalty):

Last edited:
We've won there twice according to Rageonline, 3-2 in '96 in the Lg Cup and 3-1 in '98. A Scot (well kind of in 1) scored in both, Matt Elliott in '96 and Andy Thomson in '98.

'96 (Robert Fleck and Darren Eadie both got sent off and taking the pee over it that night was glorious):

'98 (Bellamy's goal, now the forward would go down for a penalty):

Andy Thomson - that’s the one!

A Lincoln fan reckons Lincoln will likely be calling this off for international call ups anyway. I would genuinely laugh if this happens.
If this is true and they do lose 2 or 3 players to international call ups they may still play the games as it is live on Sky which could make them a weaker team......

Back
Top Bottom