EFL Lee Collins- Yeovil

That’s awful. Anyone know the cause of his death ?

RIP

Police statement said there weren`t any suspicious circumstances and a report is being prepared for the coroner.
In most cases that indicates he took his own life or died suddenly with something like a AAA (Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm)
32, living the dream, just goes to show.
:cry:

By way of a follow up. :(

That really does put into perspective the pressures that footballers, particularly in the lower leagues, obviously feel.

Something to make us all stop and think before we post hurtful things that players may read. We may not think some of them are very good, but they're young men, often away from home and family, in a very high pressure occupation, and (irrespective of perceived ability) deserve to be treated with respect.

RIP Lee Collins.

That really does put into perspective the pressures that footballers, particularly in the lower leagues, obviously feel.

Something to make us all stop and think before we post hurtful things that players may read. We may not think some of them are very good, but they're young men, often away from home and family, in a very high pressure occupation, and (irrespective of perceived ability) deserve to be treated with respect.

RIP Lee Collins.

Male suicide is a real problem and no one knows what people are going through. We all say things in the heat of the moment but we all do need to think about the consequences of our words.

More than ever, this reminds us that it really is only a bloody game!

Possibly because they stated the cause of death before the inquest has closed!
The coroner only has the post mortem cause of death and will be waiting for a toxicology report to eliminate or quantify drugs, alcohol etc as contributory factors.
That`ll be done at ours as we are contracted to lots of coroners across the UK.

RIP Lee Collins.
I totally agree Colin.
Some of the vindictive comments on the players sometimes really makes you wonder.

RIP Lee Collins

Possibly because they stated the cause of death before the inquest has closed!
The coroner only has the post mortem cause of death and will be waiting for a toxicology report to eliminate or quantify drugs, alcohol etc as contributory factors.
That`ll be done at ours as we are contracted to lots of coroners across the UK.

So many demons that can take us away at any time.
RIP Lee Collins, be at peace now.

Over 3/4s of suicides in the UK are males, and many of those are young. I've been very low in my life if I'm honest, struggled with depression for as long as I can remember. If any yellows are struggling with their mental health please don't suffer in silence. If you suspect a friend is struggling don't be embarrassed to bring up the subject, talking can really help and sometimes us blokes don't do it enough.

Helpline numbers:
Samaritans 116 123
CALM (5pm - midnight) 0800 58 58 58

If you feel like you need to please contact your GP, you will be treated with respect.

Rest in peace to the Yeovil player. Very sad.

Good post that and maybe ESB can find a way to bookmark it somewhere on here as i am assuming the majority, and I don’t mean to offend, who post on here are males.

Again, no offence to the females members on here.

Back
Top Bottom