Ex Player Joel Cooper

Well that explains why he wasn't around the club and being in a similar position of having to shield, fair play to him.

Thank you for all you have done Chris and I hope whatever you go on to do in the future it is successful.

Can someone explain to me why Joel Cooper isn’t being used at all?? Unused substitute against Charlton, he’s clearly match fit (unless there’s an injury I don’t know about) and apparently we’re short out wide yet not even giving him a chance??
He scored 2 in the U21s match last week, both were good uns, the second was exceptional (IMO)

We were crying out for width down the left against Charlton. In particular we've needed a wide man who can get past a man, or get to the byline and create better chances. In all the games I've seen him Cooper has this in his locker but for some reason is being overlooked at the moment. I hope he gets a chance soon.

I think its to do with the pace that KR wants. Cooper doesnt look that Pacy. Shodipo and Agyei are pretty quick hence they are ahead of Cooper.

Let's remember that Cooper has been away on international duty.

And also that it took Sykes and Whyte were gradually introduced to the first team.

This doesn't have to be a conspiracy and I'm sure we will see him in action again soon.

I think its to do with the pace that KR wants. Cooper doesnt look that Pacy. Shodipo and Agyei are pretty quick hence they are ahead of Cooper.

Henry and Sykes aren’t quicker than Cooper and yet they’ve played out wide plenty of times. Cooper isn’t lightening quick but he’s not slow and seems to have quick feet. Worth a try surely?

Some good news...Joel hasn’t been called up for the next Northern Ireland squad, meaning he will be available for the EFL cup game against Walsall and our home games v Doncaster and Crewe.

Not such good news for Joel.

Edit: unless he indicated to NI that he'd rather stay here of course.

Obviously want him to come and make an immediate impact, and I know he’s older than Sykes and Whyte were when they first joined, but he’s only been a pro for a few months, and they’ve hardly been a traditional pre season etc and being called up to the national team probably has made his transition here harder if anything, so no shocks he’s taking time to settle, if he was starting we’d all be moaning about Agyei not starting, and Shadipo has certainly done enough to be in the mix too

Hopefully he gets some good minutes over the next 2 fixtures and we can just be glad that we actually have some options on the wing for a change

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but what's the issue with Cooper. In the very few appearances he has made, he has looked pretty good. And we have generally been shocking. And he's not even making the bench. Is he injured? Is it fitness? Something else? Does anyone know what the problem is?

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but what's the issue with Cooper. In the very few appearances he has made, he has looked pretty good. And we have generally been shocking. And he's not even making the bench. Is he injured? Is it fitness? Something else? Does anyone know what the problem is?
Family commitments

Back
Top Bottom