Ex Player Joel Cooper

But even if it is homesickness, there is clearly something causing it. As you allude to we are not privy to the real reasoning behind it.
Don't you think though, regardless of the reasoning behind the homesickness, if that is what it is, we should be supporting him not having a go at him. Remember with Joey, did you criticise him for wanting to leave West Ham for similarly homesick reasons?

No I didn’t criticise him. It was a shame that someone with so much talent and opportunity struggled being away from home like that. And to be fair he probably already knew that at the time, and had he had his own way he would have been quite happy to stay. However, his move was taken completely out of his hands for the survival of the club because we needed the fee.

We are all made different and we all cope with things in different ways I guess.

I suppose when Joey Beauchamp wanted to leave West Ham, because of the travelling you had the same perspective then as well.

In this world we live in, it is not for us to question what the circumstances are of his return home, or to question KR as to why he let him go.

Even if it is homesickness, there are many labels floating under that surface, many surrounding mental health issues, which affects many young men of his age. It could be depression, anxiety. I've worked with young adults, who seem the most confident people you could meet, yet scratch beneath the surface and you see the real person. Sat in a room with a youngster with their life in front of them, trying to help them is hard, and that could be the situation with this young lad.

It's probably our support he needs not criticism.
Best post of yours I’ve seen.

as expected - on loan to Linfield .... OWS...

Perhaps the paperwork wasn't quite complete?

With the ongoing debate about the Barker/Shodipo just wondered if there has been any news about how Joel is doing? I know he doesn’t have the serious pace/directness as our loaners but in the glimpses I had of him I liked what I saw. He adds balance and defensive cover which isn’t evident with Mide or Barker. It maybe that the odds against a return are significant but, regardless, I hope he is OK.

With the ongoing debate about the Barker/Shodipo just wondered if there has been any news about how Joel is doing? I know he doesn’t have the serious pace/directness as our loaners but in the glimpses I had of him I liked what I saw. He adds balance and defensive cover which isn’t evident with Mide or Barker. It maybe that the odds against a return are significant but, regardless, I hope he is OK.
Young Cooper know where the goal is , and how to score too

I found that he may not have the pace of Barker/Shodipo but seems to have plenty of skill and tricks to get past defenders.

Means nothing if he won't be happy in Oxford though, sadly. Lets see how things pan out.

Don’t think it was anything to do with him being unhappy at Oxford, thought it was family issues? At least the club did something for Cooper to help. Hopefully he will be back with us at the start of next season.

Correct, issues within the family back home in Northern Ireland.

Back
Top Bottom