Transfer News January Changes

I would be sorry to see Sykes go. I think he could become a very good player I hope K arl will make up, Sykes is only young and should be cut a little slack. Kelly is definitely improving as well. Crazy that we seem to be stuck with Hanson.

4 NEW SIGNINGS.

Stevens
_____ Moore Atkinson Obita
McGuane Gorrin Brannagan
Henry Taylor ______

Eastwood
Clare _____ Long Ruffels
Forde _____ Kelly
Sykes Winnall Cooper

Aygei loaned out replaced by Osei Yaw in 23 man squad.

4 NEW SIGNINGS REPLACE..

Shodipo back to QPR, Nathan Holland?

Hall & Hanson sold/released.

Mousinho won’t be in the new squad because he needs an op.

4 NEW SIGNINGS.

Stevens
_____ Moore Atkinson Obita
McGuane Gorrin Brannagan
Henry Taylor ______

Eastwood
Clare _____ Long Ruffels
Forde _____ Kelly
Sykes Winnall Cooper

Aygei loaned out replaced by Osei Yaw in 23 man squad.

4 NEW SIGNINGS REPLACE..

Shodipo back to QPR, Nathan Holland?

Hall & Hanson sold/released.

Mousinho won’t be in the new squad because he needs an op.

Cooper is going back to Ireland on loan untill the summer while he sorts out family issues.

It seems strange to me that the club goes on about the development of youth but where is the confidence of KR in any of the youngsters. We prefer to put a crocked Mous on the bench rather than a new prospect. Nobody from the youth is being pushed up into a contender. All problems have to be solved by a transfer in rather than a promotion up. Where is the vision? We can save money through the development of the talent within but that seems to be lacking. If we don't see the youngsters as the way forward we could just get rid and cut our costs to afford better 1st team squad. Players appearing for one game here and there is no plan......

It seems strange to me that the club goes on about the development of youth but where is the confidence of KR in any of the youngsters. We prefer to put a crocked Mous on the bench rather than a new prospect. Nobody from the youth is being pushed up into a contender. All problems have to be solved by a transfer in rather than a promotion up. Where is the vision? We can save money through the development of the talent within but that seems to be lacking. If we don't see the youngsters as the way forward we could just get rid and cut our costs to afford better 1st team squad. Players appearing for one game here and there is no plan......

Lofthouse and Spasov put out on loan to the conference for precisely this reason - to enable them to develop rather than have the occasional sub appearance.
They're two of the highest loans we've had for our young players for quite a while. And for Lofthouse a natural next step up after a productive loan at Oxford City in the NLS.

No one has wanted to take Nico Jones on loan despite us offering him about numerous times and KR always refers to him as having a lot to do to feature regularly. Going by his social media that's as much in his approach/maturity off the field as to his on field abilities.

We have no U23s side this season, it's back to an U21s with a couple of older heads permitted, so the loans for the older younger players is the best thing to do if they're not going to get near our league side.
LCP, Sole and Lopes have all been out/are still on loan this season so gone are the days of a sub appearance in the EFL trophy and then back to sit in the U23s.

Couple of things on this - firstly, the names that we have in mind floating around are perhaps younger than we think, because they first became known quite a while ago when still scholars - so the likes of Lopes, Spasov and Jones are all actually younger (albeit by a matter of weeks) than Leon Chambers-Parillon - they are all just turning 19...as is Elechi.
Nico Jones won't turn 19 until February. Hence there is plenty of time for them to come through into the senior squad, as they will all still be U21s (for squad list purposes) for the next two seasons after this one.

Secondly, while we currently have Long and Stevens involved, there have also been others that have come through the system but moved on after a year or two in or around the first team - most notably COD and Shandon Baptiste.

Thirdly - and perhaps most relevant to your comment - there is an interesting little pocket of players that were in our system but left 4-6 years ago without really getting a chance, yet are now flourishing in and around our level (eg MArvin Ekpiteta at Blackpool, Miles Welch-Hayes at Colchester, Robbie Cundy at Cambridge) so there has to be a question as to why so many were released/chose to leave at that time and whether there were any obstacles being placed in their way behind the scenes? And if so, what about other individuals that looked set to break through - were Max Crocombe, Josh Ashby and James Roberts and maybe others blanked; did they have any influence in COD or Canice Carroll leaving when they did rather than staying longer? And, do those barriers still exist today and will they impact upon our current 19 years olds trying to make the step up? - I hope not!!

Dream Scenario:
Hanson Hall both leave on loan Mousinho retires in January once we sign a new CB, Shodipo returns back to QPR

Interested Scenario:
Whether Ayegi & Sykes do get shipped out on loan Sykes at this moment will not be getting a new contract come the summer plus whether he’d sign it one would seem extremely very unlikely, Cooper going back to Ireland for the remainder of the season

Transfer Improvements:
Wingers: no one has done it this season Henry Shopido Cooper (hasn’t feature) Hall Ayegi Sykes (when played there) Obita has just came in & done well but still getting up to fitness, need to sign a both a right winger (Gavin Whyte) & left winger

Centre Back: KR biggest mistake so far not getting a CB in & needs to be the first priority come January 1st, Experienced is needed but not at the same age as Mous at 33/34 someone in there late 20s the biggest mistake for me was not looking at bring in Curtis Tilt in when he was available was Wigan best player when we played them the other week been there done that proven at this level & looks a leader something we need in this team with the amount of captains we’ve had this season

Right Back: Sean Clare has proved he’s not the man for that position & has looked better in the oppositions half than ours, for all Sam Long efforts giving 100% in all honesty his distribution is poor (specially when he’s got time to think about it) + he does get caught a position quite a bit I feel, need to find that balance of a Cadden/Baldock/Kane type of player to replace Clare for that position to bring in an attacking right back

Midfield: is ok hopefully if Brannagan comes back in the 2nd half of the season (obviously needing time to bed in to the team again a bit like when he was injured for 2/3 months with a knee injury it took him a good month before his form rekindled) if Gorrin got injured I would worry who could do that position as Kelly was unsuccessful last time but maybe Forde could do that job

Re: attacking full backs.

I love them - but if you are going to use them, you need midfielders who are capable and on the ball enough to drop back to cover the space and provide at least some defensive cover when the fullback is 30 yards up the pitch and we lose the ball. I am not convinced that at the moment we have the players who can do that job effectively. Which is why I think having full backs who can defend properly as their main attribute is so important.

Interesting, but most intrigued by what he does with the defence - will he rest all four of the main unit? does he risk mous for 90mins? Elechi on the left? Another go for clare on the right? Jones? Obita? Forde and/or Hanson with someone else in midfield?
Clare, Jones, Moore, Elechi
Can't risk Atkinson, Long and Ruffels will both be knackered and with big headaches to boot this morning. Obita still not 100% match fit.

Interesting, but most intrigued by what he does with the defence - will he rest all four of the main unit? does he risk mous for 90mins? Elechi on the left? Another go for clare on the right? Jones? Obita? Forde and/or Hanson with someone else in midfield?
I would think Elechi and Jones , possibly Lofthouse r/b with Sole, Lopes and a couple of other youth reamers on the bench

Clare, Jones, Moore, Elechi
Can't risk Atkinson, Long and Ruffels will both be knackered and with big headaches to boot this morning. Obita still not 100% match fit.

Can Mous play 90 mins? He did play an earlier round iirc so Clare, Mous, Jones, Elechi. Could also play Lofthouse in place of Clare, assuming Lofthouse is fit (haven't a clue either way).

Last edited:
Can Mous play 90 mins? He did play an earlier round iirc so Clare, Mous, Jones, Elechi. Would could also play Lofthouse in place of Clare, assuming Lofthouse is fit (haven't a clue either way).
Lofthouse is playing regularly for Woking which is great for his development so maybe a bit much to play Tues as well... think him and Spasov ,Elechi will really be around first team next season

Lofthouse is playing regularly for Woking which is great for his development so maybe a bit much to play Tues as well... think him and Spasov ,Elechi will really be around first team next season

I forgot he was there. He might be playing Tuesday anyway as they are meant to be playing Alty away. That is assuming Alty can get the game on after their home game on Saturday was called off for a waterlogged pitch.

Interesting to see which youngsters are involved:
Elechi and Jones are still at the club so probably will be, Osei Yaw too;
Spasov and lofthouse involved with Woking so probably not;
Napa injured so not;
Lopes was on loan lower down ladder but they are not returning to games before Christmas, so probably will be involved, though sneaking suspicion he might be injured too so we'll have to see;

Because they simply aren't good enough currently for Division 1 football, they need loans at clubs where they would get time. Some are already on loan.

Back
Top Bottom