Ex Player Jack Stevens

Class. He looks an assured presence. Still some work to do on his overall game but hasn’t looked back since becoming first choice.

I assume the contract is one that benefits all parties too. Maybe incremental increases on salary for each year here or something?

Excellent shot stopper, quick off his line, confident in the air and a vocal leader. Kicking and distribution is improving all the time, too. Could be our #1 for years to come. Great news.

Hmmmm, I'm yet to be convinced personally, still does some shaky things. We'll see over time.
Have you watched the majority of top class keepers who still do ' the odd shaky thing ' de gea Alisson, Loris etc ?? Jack isn't the finished article and we are playing in league one but he has all of the attributes with his positioning , reflexes , pace of the line, vocal to defence, sweeper keeper who apart from the odd kick out has made a fantastic step up to the first team . Will be a massive asset.

Great news, would be interesting to know whether he'd garnered interest from others given his form.

Amazing news. He could’ve left this summer for tribunal decided compensation, which given he’s only played a dozen odd league games would’ve been absolute peanuts. We would have been lucky to be awarded more than 100-150k. At least now when the day comes we should be properly compensated.

You don’t see that many keepers who look as good in pastel as he does. Treasure him while you can.

For his age and lack of experience he has been unbelievably good.
For sure he has things to work on but when De Gea was first put in the Man U side he had things to work on.
I love his confidence and he seems to communicate with the defenders well.
To date his shot stopping has been excellent and he is very quick off his line (he has been fortunate 2 or 3 times but good on him for that)
If he carries on and improves, yet another player who could play at a higher level in time and a player who has come through the youth team.

Great news young Jack is going to be a fine goalie for the U’s

I maybe getting old but how many 2nd choice keepers have we had who have got into the first team and earned a new contract
Elliot Jackson and Max Crocombe both made it into the first team but were never first choice and made a handful of appearances each .
First keeper from youth to be no 1 since Roy Burton I think ?

Amazing news. He could’ve left this summer for tribunal decided compensation, which given he’s only played a dozen odd league games would’ve been absolute peanuts. We would have been lucky to be awarded more than 100-150k. At least now when the day comes we should be properly compensated.

You don’t see that many keepers who look as good in pastel as he does. Treasure him while you can.
All the more impressive that the lad has signed a long contract despite (at least) one sexual deviant in the fanbase...must have been a heck of a deal!

Back
Top Bottom