iFollow for 2020-21Season

I've paid for today's game but it's not registered on OUFC Ifollow. Does anyone have email address I can contact?

I received an email from ifollow at the beginning of July informing me they’d reimburse me 19% of my fee for the 19/20 season within 28 days.

we are now well beyond that and still no refund. Today I sent them an email - firstly enquiring why my reimbursement was only 19% while others’ more; secondly complaining about the late payment.

I wonder if they’ll appreciate my reminder of the EFL’s usual stance on late payments...
FYI - still haven't received this. They provided me with a screen shot showing that the payment had been made, and to which card, etc. I've replied with a screen shot of my bank statement from around the same date showing that the payment never made it. I've also contacted my bank who have no record. Checked paypal too just to make sure it hadn't gone back via paypal... nothing.

Have emailed since, but just going in circles now. Matter of principle at this point - I'm not dropping it.

The card they refunded it to had expired, but the money should still have got through according to the EFL; my bank have said the money could have bounced and gone back to the EFL. They seem reluctant to check.

If this were a club owing them £8 they'd force the club into administration...

Ive paid twice for my subscription and they have finally said they will refund me about a month ago but as of yesterday nothing has arrived in my account. I am not holding my breath! And another thing the highlights are up on ifollow but seem to be locked, why?

Did we ever workout if AirPlay from a MBP to an Apple TV works?

Did we ever workout if AirPlay from a MBP to an Apple TV works?
Just tested it and yes. I'm mirroring the whole display via the airplay icon on the taskbar and can hear the audio through the tv too. Don't know what the framerate will be like in action though. I normally use chromecast. (2015 MBP and ATV2)

Anyone got radio Oxford on the audio yet? I can only hear the football being kicked

I have pictures but no radio oxford, I can hear all the background sounds and have home audio on, any ideas?

Just tested it and yes. I'm mirroring the whole display via the airplay icon on the taskbar and can hear the audio through the tv too. Don't know what the framerate will be like in action though. I normally use chromecast. (2015 MBP and ATV2)
Airplaying from Safari just displays the video stream as a black image with audio, but Airplaying the stream from Chrome works fine.

Customer care is a joke with these mugs.. I bought the stream on Tuesday and it kept cutting out video an losing the audio numerous times. I asked if I could have a refund or a match pass.

I literally missed half the game on and off and it's not my internet.

They basically said stuff you three times in polite ways despite my petitions about the poor service.

I said If I turned up to do a job at a customer's house and only completed half the work or did a bad job causing numerous problems. I would have to come back do the job again make it right or I would be in trouble..

They were like yeah will pass you're concerns on I bet it will be better next time you buy a match.

I'm like I don't pay £10 for a "chance" of seeing half the game I pay to see the whole game.

They were having none of it.

First time I have dealt with support and quite frankly it's shockingly bad service.

Offering another match pass to make up for it what would that cost them really annoyed by that.

Extra annoying is I don't live in the county anymore so can't get Radio Oxford.. Despite paying the flipping licence fee cannot listen to BBC radio out of area because they sold the rights to these mugs..

Anyway little rant there.

Update. I hit them with some consumer rights stuff.. 2015 digital content etc.

And

Remedy for breach​

If the trader breaches the contract for the supply of services by failing to meet the standards required under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, the consumer is entitled to repeat performance of the service or to a price reduction.

Worth a try..

Last edited:
Customer care is a joke with these mugs.. I bought the stream on Tuesday and it kept cutting out video an losing the audio numerous times. I asked if I could have a refund or a match pass.

I literally missed half the game on and off and it's not my internet.

They basically said stuff you three times in polite ways despite my petitions about the poor service.

I said If I turned up to do a job at a customer's house and only completed half the work or did a bad job causing numerous problems. I would have to come back do the job again make it right or I would be in trouble..

They were like yeah will pass you're concerns on I bet it will be better next time you buy a match.

I'm like I don't pay £10 for a "chance" of seeing half the game I pay to see the whole game.

They were having none of it.

First time I have dealt with support and quite frankly it's shockingly bad service.

Offering another match pass to make up for it what would that cost them really annoyed by that.

Extra annoying is I don't live in the county anymore so can't get Radio Oxford.. Despite paying the flipping licence fee cannot listen to BBC radio out of area because they sold the rights to these mugs..

Anyway little rant there.

Update. I hit them with some consumer rights stuff.. 2015 digital content etc.

And

Remedy for breach​

If the trader breaches the contract for the supply of services by failing to meet the standards required under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, the consumer is entitled to repeat performance of the service or to a price reduction.

Worth a try..
Despite being a technophobe - after @lodeyellow advised ( & said advice sorted em) on how to iron out ifollow issues experienced around the time this season started, its been OKish for me since- I mute the ifollow sound and have radio Oxford (FM not DAB) commentary on , Ive worked a way (dunno how, but it works) of the rad ox live commentary sncing with the ifollow footage - more or less keep refreshing the live button on screen till they are aligned

A good friend of mine just over the border in a village in Buckinghamshire , was having the ifollow blackout and cut out issues ( for several consecutive matches) that you , by your description, seemed to experience @GreenMachine ... after checking , my good friend found their broadband speed wasn't as fast as it could/ should be, after 'upgrading to superfast Broadband , blackout / cutout issues have been solved ( might add there's a few others in the same house, & in these lockdown times, 3-4 internet devices running simultaneously will presumable 'slow' up everyone's devices?)

Have to agree Ifollow customer service is pretty rubbish... my sister paid for an ifollow match pass for an away game earlier in the season, only saw the first half, black screen for the entire 2nd half ( again @lodeyellow 's advice cured future issues , in a nutshell, it took over 4 weeks of complaining before she was finally refunded her £10 ... which its not at all good

At least you're sister managed to get a refund for it guess you have to play ultra hardball with them.

Yes I have had no issues in past with it. But this stream was a Joke this time It was not on my end as I have just recently overhauled my WiFi and have a mesh system in my house which provides and a really fast stable connection where can stream 4k on multiple devices so I know it was not that.. I did speed tests at the time and was hitting like 40-50mbps which is great for my area..

Yes I wish I could just get a really big antenna and reach BBC radio Oxford from Burton and get the FM signal as when I try and get it via dab or on via internet radio.. It cuts out as soon as the game starts for rights reasons Eg. Ifollow has the rights to BBC Oxford coverage for out of area. So Only way of getting any coverage of the game live for me is through Ifollow.. or if game is on TV.

I will continue with the emails to them and see what outcome is.. I don't mind paying if it works, its when it does not and it is not my fault. That's the issue hehe..

May get the game tomorrow and see what happens.

Hopefully they will turn into decent peeps and just give me a match pass.

Update no reply from them yet 13th

Last edited:
This season is the first season I’ve used ifollow obviously because it was free formST holders but impressed so have paid to watch the away games now I’ve worked out how to get rad ox commentary. When we’re allowed back in And I don’t go away so much nowadays I will use ifollow ( provided they don’t try and cash in )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom