Matches Hull ticket details announced

You obviously have no experience with Ticketmaster :ROFLMAO: . They're awful no matter what haha.
I think they are different programs that run for instance concert / gig ticketing to those that run football stadium ticketing.
I asked once why Ticketmaster (gigs) can remember credit card details, but Ticketmaster (sport) can't.

Though this has presumably taken quite a lot of work by the club dot allocators to try and ensure every free seat, or bubble of 2,3,4,5,6 seats is sufficiently distanced from another seat. Perhaps part of the issue was two different people trying to pick a seat in the same bubble of 2 to 6 (but different ones)? So Fan A picks seat A5 and fan B picks A6 but A5 and A6 are in a bubble that can't be sold separately?

Just as a matter of interest, did anyone get a response from the club to any emails sent yesterday regarding this issue?
I have to assume that as the club, retrospectively, changed some of the procedures (print at home, E-ticket and refunding postage) that they consider that to be sufficient response.
This weeks five minute fans forum should be interesting, whoever shows up!

Any chance you could avoid using up too much time on that so we can hear more about the quality of the on pitch performance ?

this is pointless, the main issue was the system not people’s incompetence

this is pointless, the main issue was the system not people’s incompetence
As an ex-programmer, I can assure you that most IT systems work perfectly well until you let the users loose upon them.........

As an ex-programmer, I can assure you that most IT systems work perfectly well until you let the users loose upon them.........
Well as someone who also works in IT, part of the development and testing - volume & capacity testing, UAT etc. should test out these scenarios. Any IT provider has to assume that people will use the application in different ways/take a wrong turn in the usual 'customer journey' and the system should be able to cope with that - it's not going to be used by robots.

As someone else who works in IT, I can say that 99% of problems are from user error.

As someone else who works in IT, I can say that 99% of problems are from user error.
Which of the problems that arose yesterday where the red wording appeared in the white boxes were caused by user error? The system was also incredibly slow which suggests it wasn't able to perform properly. Hardly user error if a first come, first serve process is put in place that opens at 10am - that's a system capacity issue.

Well as someone who also works in IT, part of the development and testing - volume & capacity testing, UAT etc. should test out these scenarios. Any IT provider has to assume that people will use the application in different ways/take a wrong turn in the usual 'customer journey' and the system should be able to cope with that - it's not going to be used by robots.
My reply was slightly tongue in cheek. My first interaction with ""professional IT" was as an application tester - basically I had to try and break it - and it was something I that I particularly excelled in, so much so that I was moved to the other side of the fence to analyse system designs to identify scenarios where problems might occur.

Usually my jottings were met with the "why would anyone do THAT?" response and the witty answer of "well, we'll just have to do away with the users" - that was how programming was done in the 80's ...

My reply was slightly tongue in cheek. My first interaction with ""professional IT" was as an application tester - basically I had to try and break it - and it was something I that I particularly excelled in, so much so that I was moved to the other side of the fence to analyse system designs to identify scenarios where problems might occur.

Usually my jottings were met with the "why would anyone do THAT?" response and the witty answer of "well, we'll just have to do away with the users" - that was how programming was done in the 80's ...
I always chuckle when we have to discuss 'penetration testing' in a meeting - totally childish I know but it helps the time tick by.

Sorry if I missed it but have they indicated what time we need to turn up?

Judging by the usual OUFC organisation, 6am (but I’d use the toilet at home first)

I hope those who are lucky enough to attend spend 90 mins 'supporting' the team no matter what!

For anyone that had error messages, I would check your account ticketing history and see recent purchases. An error popped up after I tried purchasing my ticket to say that payment had failed. I must have then clicked on another seat and kept getting the 'too many in basket' error message...when I checked my account this morning I can see that I have got the original seat that I tried to get...which would explain the 'too many in basket message'...

I hope those who are lucky enough to attend spend 90 mins 'supporting' the team no matter what!
I'll be thinking of them ..... as I sit in front of a warm fire .... drinking a fine wine.

(I'M NOT JEALOUS. REALLY!! :mad:)

Back
Top Bottom