Matches Hull ticket details announced

The only way to get hot water will be
A) being it in a flask
B) have a really good imagination
C) don't go

Didn’t want favourite seats, just wound have liked a seat.

They could have done it in so many ways e.g. who’s held a season ticket for longest, who’s paid higher prices, who guess to away games + home ST holder etc etc or even easier a ballot rather than drip feeding tickets into blocks for a hour of people’s lives. Shambolic.

I think the club should have looked to see who had the most 'likes' on here to determine who was most deserving!

Shambolic is too kind!!

Congrats to anyone who got a ticket... enjoy the game and cheer the lads home for us. I am sure it will feel great to be back watching live, albeit a little surreal.

I couldn’t be arsed to try to apply for a ticket this time round.. always felt it was going to be a bit of a kerfuffle.

I hope the safety protocols in place work efficiently, keep everyone safe and people do not get too disgruntled with procedures.

Depending on your interpretation of the ticketing processes shown here, this table is proof indeed that one size does not fit all and that the club will never please everyone, all of the time.
Go with it people, give the club your constructive feedback from each and every process they propose for our club and / or implement but be prepared to be disappointed at some point when you don’t get what you think you’re entitled to.
I think we are entitled to a working IT system when the club chooses to go down the route it did.

"So much for a season ticket guaranteeing you a seat for home league games"

That's exactly what you said.

You can't seat 3750 people in 1000 seats. End of.
I'm not so stupid to think every season ticket holder was going to get into this game, but that a fairer system could have been used, meaning everyone gets a fair shout.
I did forget though this whole episode could have been arranged by the same bloke that deemed to give Leyton Orient 500 away tickets for "that" game

I'm not so stupid to think every season ticket holder was going to get into this game, but that a fairer system could have been used, meaning everyone gets a fair shout.
I did forget though this whole episode could have been arranged by the same bloke that deemed to give Leyton Orient 500 away tickets for "that" game
If there's one thing yellows forum should have taught you is that there's no way of doing anything without someone getting the a**e.

Fans who didn't get tickets.
1. This system was a complete shambles and it was a lottery for who got through and got tickets.
2. Club shouldn't have made it "first come first served" and made it a lottery instead.

MAKE YOUR MIND UP!
If only it had have been first come first served.

I was lucky and got a ticket.

I don’t think people are moaning just because they didn’t get a ticket, more about the process.

It took me 45 minutes and this was a very frustrating 45 minutes. I expect people who didn’t complete the transaction could have been on for over an hour. An hour in the middle of the working day for most, not ideal.

I’d like to know if it is a disadvantage being in a bubble of six. Are we having to find a vacant BLOCK of six (which was impossible after 10:02am)? We were all as individuals happy to be allocated just a single seat anywhere in the ground.
And yes, it’s the PROCESS which was annoying. After weeks of preparation is that the best the club could come up with?! I’m not complaining that not one of us season ticket holders got a look in - I understand 4000 into 1000 doesn’t go, but boy, was that a wasted hour!!

I’d like to know if it is a disadvantage being in a bubble of six. Are we having to find a vacant BLOCK of six (which was impossible after 10:02am)? We were all as individuals happy to be allocated just a single seat anywhere in the ground.
And yes, it’s the PROCESS which was annoying. After weeks of preparation is that the best the club could come up with?! I’m not complaining that not one of us season ticket holders got a look in - I understand 4000 into 1000 doesn’t go, but boy, was that a wasted hour!!
I don't think the bubbles actually came into it in the end. I was trying all along to get a bubble of 3 and was getting nowhere for various reasons. When there were no longer bubbles of 3 showing as being available I thought sod it try to get 2 together. That didn't work either for a while but as I was getting close to giving up got a two. Just then had to reassign the ticket as would normally do when buying tickets for others for a cup game. Perhaps the club check at that stage of the flawed process to see if it matches the bubbles we declared a few months ago. Then I thought it had all gone wrong again when I got a message saying there was a problem with the payment (of a £1 which I'll now get back of course). Luckily the tickets were still in my basket and at the second attempt the payment went through.
Thank goodness this is just a one off pilot.

I don't think the bubbles actually came into it in the end. I was trying all along to get a bubble of 3 and was getting nowhere for various reasons. When there were no longer bubbles of 3 showing as being available I thought sod it try to get 2 together. That didn't work either for a while but as I was getting close to giving up got a two. Just then had to reassign the ticket as would normally do when buying tickets for others for a cup game. Perhaps the club check at that stage of the flawed process to see if it matches the bubbles we declared a few months ago. Then I thought it had all gone wrong again when I got a message saying there was a problem with the payment (of a £1 which I'll now get back of course). Luckily the tickets were still in my basket and at the second attempt the payment went through.
It was, in short, a fine mess.
It should have been so much easier. For example, we needed a bubble of two. We found two (actually our usual seats) and clicked on one to place in basket. Message pops up indicating that we need to "buy" two. so back we go and click on the second seat. At this point the system declares that due to an error it is impossible to allocate these seats to the basket. Mrs Lounger had a theory, which sounded reasonable, that at the point where we had clicked on one half of the bubble of two, someone else had clicked on the other. So, there we have two potential "buyers" locked in mortal combat for the same two seats. Neither can have any success because of the other and the system simply says "no". Enlarge this to bubbles of 3, 4, or even 6, and the problem just gets worse and worse. (how anyone could hope to get a bubble of 6 is beyond me as there could have been 6 bidders all with one seat desperately trying to get the other 5 in their basket and just going around in circles)
If this was the case, and I strongly suspect it was, then it was root cause of most of the frustration of yesterday morning.

The answer to this is that the club need to seriously up their game with regards to IT and the ticketing system. Surely, Ticketmaster have advisors and scenarios for this kind of event? If they can handle the huge numbers for Glastonbury (as a crude example) then they should have no problem at all in fixing this small problem.

I don't think so. I'm not in a bubble and as documented above I was unsuccessful. I've put it all behind me now.

Just as a matter of interest, did anyone get a response from the club to any emails sent yesterday regarding this issue?
I have to assume that as the club, retrospectively, changed some of the procedures (print at home, E-ticket and refunding postage) that they consider that to be sufficient response.
This weeks five minute fans forum should be interesting, whoever shows up!

I did get a bubble of three went to the basket and was told there was an error and refresh the browser which I did, but then no tickets that was the annoying thing not that I didn’t get tickets, that’s just a disappointment.

• React
Reactions: QR
The answer to this is that the club need to seriously up their game with regards to IT and the ticketing system. Surely, Ticketmaster have advisors and scenarios for this kind of event? If they can handle the huge numbers for Glastonbury (as a crude example) then they should have no problem at all in fixing this small problem.

You obviously have no experience with Ticketmaster :ROFLMAO: . They're awful no matter what haha.

Back
Top Bottom