How far away from Oxford do you live?

Grew up in oxford/wood farm, moved to Abingdon and now spend the week for work there but live with the bird in Farnborough (Hampshire one) at the weekend, which means driving back to Oxford for games but it’s the one thing I told her I wouldn’t give up as she is equal to OUFC (I lied).

6059 miles as the crow flies. Born in Radcliffe Infirmary, raised at AERE Harwell , school in Abingdon, worked around the world and now retired in Ban Chang SE Thailand. Up until two years ago I used to commute regularly for games but none since Millwall away 3-0 Mapp's last away game 2017. Now follow most games online and read this forum but don't contribute much as the fingers don't do as they told any more. Go well COYY

• React
Reactions: MJB
Well guess....:)
Actually I'm a few miles north of the old capital.
53.7 miles to Grenoble Road.
My non-league team is Eastleigh as I work next door and sometimes go to the club for lunch. Seen Beano there.

110 miles (Brighton). Very poor match attendance since moving away from OX2, particularly seeing as I spent time studying in Italy, and now I'm back in the UK I tend to work on Saturdays...and it's a bit of a long journey to come home from midweek fixtures when I have work the next morning...I know, excuses excuses...

• React
However far Abingdon is from Oxford for 4 nights of the week and then however far Farnborough in Hampshire is for 3 nights, unfortunately those 3 nights include Saturdays so I have to trek back on match days.

11878 miles, that’s my commute from Dunedin NZ. Both my kids are Yellows and I’m coming back in October with my 11 year old son to visit family and watch Oxford. How easy is it to become a match mascot? This would be quite amazing for my son if it could happen.

• React
11878 miles, that’s my commute from Dunedin NZ. Both my kids are Yellows and I’m coming back in October with my 11 year old son to visit family and watch Oxford. How easy is it to become a match mascot? This would be quite amazing for my son if it could happen.

Ring the club/email the club. I'd be very surprised if they didn't go out of their way to make it a special day.

Back
Top Bottom