International News Holiday Makers "Entitlement"

Maybe you should ask those on here that believe the government has done everything it possibly can to stop the spread of the virus. 🤔

We all know the rules so I was asking the question, not gaslighting the Government like some.
Whatever rules are in place, and they are very stringent, there is a reliance on people doing the right thing.

So why are these people travelling?

We all know the rules so I was asking the question, not gaslighting the Government like some.
Whatever rules are in place, and they are very stringent, there is a reliance on people doing the right thing.

The bottom line is they are allowed to and that is because the government allow them to. In exactly the same way the government don't allow you to go to the pub.

You can’t travel if it’s not allowed! You wouldn’t even be able to enter the airport, which is a private space, so all the travellers must be complying with latest government regulations

The bottom line is they are allowed to and that is because the government allow them to.
But they don't. You can only travel, whether that be internationally or within the UK, if you have a legally permitted reason to leave home - work, exercise, medical; I'm sure everyone is familiar with what is allowed by now. Taking a holiday abroad was made illegal at the turn of the year.

People are travelling because they want to - "No bloody commie official is going to stop me exercising my birthright and bolloxs to the rest of you, to society and the rest of the world".

But they don't. You can only travel, whether that be internationally or within the UK, if you have a legally permitted reason to leave home - work, exercise, medical; I'm sure everyone is familiar with what is allowed by now. Taking a holiday abroad was made illegal at the turn of the year.

People are travelling because they want to - "No bloody commie official is going to stop me exercising my birthright and bolloxs to the rest of you, to society and the rest of the world".
In that case why isn't the government ensuring they are being stopped and fined? It's not like they are hard to locate.

Last edited:
These are people arriving (back?) in the UK, the delays are probably due to border control checks and enforcement, hopefully fining the bloody lot of them!

I asked because I don`t know.

I understand that HMG can`t stop UK citizens returning and mitigate that with quarantining, testing etc but I`m just wondering why so many are still returning?

HMG can stop UK citizens from returning... if they stop them leaving in the first place.

What if they are just returning? IIRC the Border force can not legally stop a UK citizen entering the UK through the appropriate legal channels.
They can stop them returning anyway by stripping them of their citizenship. Job done.

Normal people, not homicidal religious terrorists. :)

What if they are just returning? IIRC the Border force can not legally stop a UK citizen entering the UK through the appropriate legal channels.
I thought you said that Australia do this. How do they achieve it?

Back
Top Bottom