National News Have you been sent home?

Has your workplace closed/partially closed?

• Yes - working from home

Votes: 29 53.7%
  • Yes - cannot work from home, but getting paid

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Yes - unpaid

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • No

Votes: 21 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The difference between mortgage breaks and help for tenants is that for homeowners, you only need agreement from all major mortgage providers to ensure 95% are covered, and that any breaks will be added to the length of the mortgage and repaid with interest. To do a deal for tenants, you'd need agreement from a million landlords and also find a way to repay this rent. There may be a deal to be done, but far harder to legislate for.

Protecting private and social tenants from eviction and further charges will at least ensure no one loses their house during this crisis. But this will have to be a long term deal as those who are at the most risk of financial difficulties are unlikely to be able to recover quickly. As mentioned above, it could take a year or more for the dust to settle.

Business as usual for me. Mind it’s getting harder. We deliver oxygen to peoples homes. It’s getting harder to distance ourselves due to having to go into patients homes to install equipment and to train them how to use it. But they really need it so more than happy to do it. Still can’t believe the amount of traffic on the roads though.

Had my 7 days off as "Person A" in our abode.
Mrs EY as "Person B" gets 14 days and is fine. Both NHS she can work from home & will be for the foreseeable.
I`m in the Pathology Labs which are a bit "busy".

The factory is very quiet, outpatients is virtually shutdown and (amazingly) A&E is deserted which proves a point as to how many of the "selfish" class abuse it.

Had my 7 days off as "Person A" in our abode.
Mrs EY as "Person B" gets 14 days and is fine.
Same in our household, I am now out of my 7 day quarantine, Mrs M has a week to go and she's not been ill at all - not that it makes much difference now. In fact she can sit at home whilst I have to go out forraging for food in this post-apocalyptic world...

It’s going to be a tough time for private landlords who in many circumstances are relying on rental income to pay their mortgages and provide better living standard for themselves.
I’m certainly aware of situations locally where tenants have been unable to pay rent with the fear of being rehoused elsewhere
Almost everyone has been affected by this dire situation. A friend midway through moving his family into a bigger home has been told to reapply for his own job.

It’s going to be a tough time for private landlords who in many circumstances are relying on rental income to pay their mortgages and provide better living standard for themselves.
I’m certainly aware of situations locally where tenants have been unable to pay rent with the fear of being rehoused elsewhere
Almost everyone has been affected by this dire situation. A friend midway through moving his family into a bigger home has been told to reapply for his own job.
I also bet his 'new" job, if he is succesfull came with a reduced salary than he currently gets.

At Royal Mail we are busier than ever due to christmas coming and no one can go to the shops for their christmas presents so in that way we are lucky as our jobs are safe. However usually at this time of year they start bringing in hire vans so they can cope with the increased amount of parcels, however they aren't going to do that this year to try and save some money.
Today I had to leave over 20 parcels behind at the depot because I couldn't fit them all in my vauxhall combo van and there were no other bigger vans available for me to use. This is only going to get worst so it will be interesting whether Royal Mail can even cope with the increased christmas demand in the coming months.