General Frank Lampard next to go

I thought he always came over as pretty normal in interviews, not arrogant at all. It's not his fault he was offered the Chelsea job and no surprise he took it - who, in his position, wouldn't have jumped at the chance? He hasn't done an awful job and has brought quite a few young players through. I suspect some of the purchases weren't his choice and *every* manager has a severely limited shelf life under Abramovich.

Football in the modern world eh..Let's not kid ourselves that his sacking was anything to do with "Winning the League" and more to do with panicking about the Golden Egg that is The Champions League..
I've said it so many times that being 4th is seen as a success regardless of being 20+ pts from the top and where actually winning the Domestic League means diddly squit in real terms.

it's exactly the same at our level where a play off place is a target and a cause for celebration when achieved once gain regardless of the Top 2 sides being well over the horizon.
The so called top players and managers would soon be exposed as failures if iit was League Winners only and to get into Europe you had to win your Domestic cup.
Let's be blunt do any of the Managers/clubs below City and Liverpool have to concern themselves that they are way ahead when nicking 4th spot is the extent of their ambition due to the Money.

Back
Top Bottom