General Frank Lampard next to go

Peterdev

Looks like the darling of Chelsea, Frank Lampard, is to be replaced by Thomas Tuchel.
Nice pay off coming for him, and I’m sure he will be back when he’s got more experience

Ahhhh a EPL club "legend" who goes into management at a high level, not starting at the bottom. GOOD! Hope Rooney flops too!

Billy big bolloc*s thinking they can just jump straight into a Championship club!

And he did a decent job at Derby.
He also finished top 4 with a transfer embargo at Chelsea last season. That was good going. Think he tied himself in knots this season and didn’t know how to handle lots of big money players, who all wanted to be starting every week. Just seemed to run away from him.

He’s only ever taken the jobs that other people have offered him. Not sure why there’s any kind of animosity towards him?

Can’t see him being out of management for long. There must be at least a couple of PL managers looking over their shoulders.

Ahhhh a EPL club "legend" who goes into management at a high level, not starting at the bottom. GOOD! Hope Rooney flops too!

Billy big bolloc*s thinking they can just jump straight into a Championship club!
Big or not, they’ve got balls for taking the risk in the first place.

He’s going to walk away with a huge sum of money, more than many of us have dreamed of.
I am not a betting man, but I can see Scott Parker gone before long....to be replaced by Frank Lampard, who in turn will do a pretty good job

If Fulham were going to fire Parker, they’d have done so a few weeks back. He’s actually doing a steady job and has found a way to get a few results.

As for Lampard, who knows where he’ll end up. Did a good job at and was trying to put his style down on Chelsea with the youngsters. Like all who manage Chelsea, it’s a results business and Roman and the CE have acted and panicked.

I for one doubt that the big transfers in were all his doing.

He’s going to walk away with a huge sum of money, more than many of us have dreamed of.
I am not a betting man, but I can see Scott Parker gone before long....to be replaced by Frank Lampard, who in turn will do a pretty good job

Going from Chelsea to Fulham? He'd never be accepted.

Stranger things have happened. I think FL likes London and he’d have a point to prove.
Tottenham and West Ham managers unlikely to leave for a while So few options at the moment maybe.

Or could end up in the England set up somewhere.

I always find it interesting when top players try their hand at management and who actually succeed.

Lampard got his two seasons the wrong way round.

If Chelsea had had a bad run, and dropped into 9th last year - well, he could have pointed to the transfer ban and getting his feet under the table, and would likely have survived longer.

But instead he did an absolutely cracking job to get them into the Top Four last year, raised expectations, and then spent 200m in the summer on a bunch of underperforming misfits that have made the team substantially worse (though I agree with Junior that he may not have been the one making all those decisions). After that, Abrahamovich was always going to have an itchy trigger finger.......

Still, it's a dumb move from Chelsea. You only have to look at OGS to see how patience with a young manager can pay off.

Could QPR get Lampard? If they offered a deal with a release clause in case a PL job comes up?
Warburton's coming to the end of his contract and they've not exactly been pulling up trees during his tenure.

Back
Top Bottom