Fan's View Fan's View 20/21 - No.29 - Doncaster away

I wondered if the rule about how long 'keepers could hold the ball had been discretely dropped, so seldom is it enforced.

A real bug bear of mine.

I wondered if the rule about how long 'keepers could hold the ball had been discretely dropped, so seldom is it enforced.

A real bug bear of mine.
Yep... the 6 second law seems to have been 'forgotten' ....instead we have 'late' offiside flags ( until someone is seriously injured?)

The iFollow trend towards replays is indeed a pain. The picture quality is very poor to boot so, all in all, not good value but, a very big BUT, what else do we have? (And, of course, it does support the club financially)

I still don't get this aversion to the Pizza pot trophy, granted the basic set up is abhorrent to any normal league club but, we are in it, it pays good prize money and we get to watch our boys playing (and so far, winning!) We shall be watching on Sky next week which can only improve the experience with multiple camera angles and HD quality. It's also big money for the club and the opportunity to earn yet more if we reach the final.
I could understand the not going to games in the previous seasons, it made the protest clear and laid down a marker to the EFL - they had gone too far for the average supporter. This season (and part of last) clubs are desperate for any income and are not going to turn down the cash being offered to participate and generate through iFollow, Sky etc. My money, in the form of a tenner to watch, will continue for as long as the club can benefit.

Regarding the transfer window I was one of those who questioned the lending out of Clare and the sale of Obita. Both struck me as counter-productive. We sell two players and bring in loans. The quality of those loans is not in question but the prospect for the future worries me, those loans are temporary. That the ridiculous imposition of salary and squad caps has not diminished the process of player development, it has made sales inevitable, and at lower prices, and the ability of any club outside of the Premiership or Championship to retain any quality player almost impossible once the salary offers come in. I can understand Obita wishing to grab any chance of future financial safety for his family and must grudgingly accept that that was his choice. I have not seen any confirmed price other than the usual suspects chucking out figures they have picked up from speculation but, if the club did pick up a 5 figure sum then fair play. Clare is a different matter, he has real potential and I hope we see him return to the squad next season.

The iFollow trend towards replays is indeed a pain. The picture quality is very poor to boot so, all in all, not good value but, a very big BUT, what else do we have? (And, of course, it does support the club financially)

I still don't get this aversion to the Pizza pot trophy, granted the basic set up is abhorrent to any normal league club but, we are in it, it pays good prize money and we get to watch our boys playing (and so far, winning!) We shall be watching on Sky next week which can only improve the experience with multiple camera angles and HD quality. It's also big money for the club and the opportunity to earn yet more if we reach the final.
I could understand the not going to games in the previous seasons, it made the protest clear and laid down a marker to the EFL - they had gone too far for the average supporter. This season (and part of last) clubs are desperate for any income and are not going to turn down the cash being offered to participate and generate through iFollow, Sky etc. My money, in the form of a tenner to watch, will continue for as long as the club can benefit.

Regarding the transfer window I was one of those who questioned the lending out of Clare and the sale of Obita. Both struck me as counter-productive. We sell two players and bring in loans. The quality of those loans is not in question but the prospect for the future worries me, those loans are temporary. That the ridiculous imposition of salary and squad caps has not diminished the process of player development, it has made sales inevitable, and at lower prices, and the ability of any club outside of the Premiership or Championship to retain any quality player almost impossible once the salary offers come in. I can understand Obita wishing to grab any chance of future financial safety for his family and must grudgingly accept that that was his choice. I have not seen any confirmed price other than the usual suspects chucking out figures they have picked up from speculation but, if the club did pick up a 5 figure sum then fair play. Clare is a different matter, he has real potential and I hope we see him return to the squad next season.
I don't blame the EFL clubs one little bit for participating. I've always seen the advantage of the money to be made by winning games. It's the U21 thing that really put me off and still does.
Regards the Obita fee I guess we'll have to wait until the accounts come out in a couple of years time and try and work it out from there. OUFC said it met their evaluation.

I have always hated the Loan system as it stands, it should be with a view to buy (preferably agreed value) and is a risky strategy when having to sell 1 or 2 players and all it achieves is disruption as each summer you go through the whole process again
I would add i think it leads to a kind of laziness and hides the importance of getting it right for the start of the season. The Play Offs can also hide the real issue and if scrapped would see clubs adopt a different approach and realize that ending some 15 + pts off the top 2 is actually a failed season.

As with all Leagues winning the thing matters not in real terms as things stand, in the top flight it's about top 4 and further down the pyramid it makes no difference if you're 1st or 2nd compared to the other promoted team (from the play offs) whom are often way behind in pts total.

I have always hated the Loan system as it stands, it should be with a view to buy (preferably agreed value) and is a risky strategy when having to sell 1 or 2 players and all it achieves is disruption as each summer you go through the whole process again
I would add i think it leads to a kind of laziness and hides the importance of getting it right for the start of the season. The Play Offs can also hide the real issue and if scrapped would see clubs adopt a different approach and realize that ending some 15 + pts off the top 2 is actually a failed season.

As with all Leagues winning the thing matters not in real terms as things stand, in the top flight it's about top 4 and further down the pyramid it makes no difference if you're 1st or 2nd compared to the other promoted team (from the play offs) whom are often way behind in pts total.
I don’t see where you’ve got “having to sell one or two players” from.

The loan system is the same for every club obviously and like it or not that’s what they have to work with and is probably here to stay.

I can’t see that it leads to laziness either. Probably the opposite as it is something else that has to be played around with. For me the key is that the squad at any one time can only have senior 22 players in it.

I still don't get this aversion to the Pizza pot trophy, granted the basic set up is abhorrent to any normal league club but, we are in it, it pays good prize money and we get to watch our boys playing (and so far, winning!) We shall be watching on Sky next week which can only improve the experience with multiple camera angles and HD quality.
You know you can select 1080 (HD) in the settings in ifollow right?

Back
Top Bottom