Fan's View Fan's View 20/21 No.18 - Swindon at home

Wet lettuces some of them. Where is the spine and leadership.
The more I think about it the more I think it's Wembley. The core of our team, the senior pros, were all on the pitch that day and have struggled badly ever since. The management are clearly relying on the likes of Taylor, Henry and Eastwood to lead by example, but ever since that penalty it seems like they've just not been in the right headspace to bring that authority and composure the team desperately needs.

Obita I think has brought a bit of this authority, and Gorrin, though he played at Wembley, seems to be seizing games by the scruff of the neck as he gets fitter. But too many of the other players are either young players needing guidance, or more experienced players not currently providing it.

I have to say that I think we struggled a bit in the two games before Wembley as well. I know we got through by the skin of our teeth but we weren't convincing - we looked like a shadow of the side that was winning game after game before everything stopped.

Too kind by half Mr Beasley, good read as always though. Tuesday night and I have not forgiven them, they can be 5-0 up against Ipswich and it wouldn't help the way I feel.

If you’re not going to change the final score then I’m not sure why you’d revisit this...

Back
Top Bottom