Fan's View Fan's View 20/21 No.18 - Swindon at home

I don't think there is any doubt that our squad is superior to Swindon's but, is the motivation and application? The team that turned out for the second half looked way below what we should have expected. Then it got worse with subs not bringing anything to the game. Where was the leadership? Where was the motivation?

Very restrained Paul. The second half was the most appalling 45 minutes I've ever witnessed. Just what was said in the dressing room at half time we will never know but KR has a big problem. He has thrown Sykes under a bus and it looks like Eastwood will be out for a few weeks. God knows where we will be after the next few home games.

Paul , way to kind , the team don’t definitely deserve such kindness.

Fai,r short analysis. One of your best.

Good to see you giving the scum some credit. Unfortunately. Robinson got done tactically in the end as well as introducing those slothful subs.

• React
Reactions: UTM

Good to see you giving the scum some credit. Unfortunately. Robinson got done tactically in the end as well as introducing those slothful subs.
He didnt though did he.swindon did nothing other than play average get the ball forward stuff.The subs basically made us play with 8 players plus Eastwood made a massive mistake.

He didnt though did he.swindon did nothing other than play average get the ball forward stuff.The subs basically made us play with 8 players plus Eastwood made a massive mistake.
Yes. Losing any game hurts. More so to them. But given that they were bang average at best that's what's the most worrying thing for me.

Many would rather I always went down the brevity route. It's not that I plan these things though. They just come out.

Well he absolutely did.. Swindon used the absolute most basic trick in the book- throw the big man (in this case a defender) Up front and launch it. Guess what. We had no answer.

Remember when Wycombe did likewise at Wembley. Guess what. We had no answer there either.

"The subs basically made us play with 8 players plus Eastwood made a massive mistake". I think if they'd made a half decent contribution we would probably have won. And obviously if it wasn't for Eastwood's howler we would have drawn.
Wembley too came about because of cock up after cock up. First Marcus Browne. Then Elliot Moore. Then Simon Eastwood.
Do we ever learn?

Well he absolutely did.. Swindon used the absolute most basic trick in the book- throw the big man (in this case a defender) Up front and launch it. Guess what. We had no answer.

Remember when Wycombe did likewise at Wembley. Guess what. We had no answer there either.
Playing a big man up front is hardly a tactical master plan is it? Robinson obviously wanted the players pushed up as he brought on attacking players rather than defensive minded ones,the blame is massively on the players on this one.

I doff my cap to you @Paul B .a very restrained fv.. even in the cold n foggy haze of the morning after im still fuming at the way (some of) the team yesterday capitulated, metaphorically rolling over and allowing scum to f**k em up the a**e ....twice

I doff my cap to you @Paul B .a very restrained fv.. even in the cold n foggy haze of the morning after im still fuming at the way (some of) the team yesterday capitulated, metaphorically rolling over and allowing scum to f**k em up the a**e ....twice
Yes I am the same , I did have a rants time on here which helped last night. Sorry if I didn’t sound convinced our side did play for honour and the badge. ( but I take yours and PB point ,some of the lads do)
l am not sure some people get this hurt , one of my old mates sadly past away now , would lock himself in his room from Saturday night to Monday morning if we lost to our friends like that.
l am sure our friends are loving this and laughing at us . Fuming yes still and will be for a while.

Yes I am the same , I did have a rants time on here which helped last night. Sorry if I didn’t sound convinced our side did play for honour and the badge. ( but I take yours and PB point ,some of the lads do)
l am not sure some people get this hurt , one of my old mates sadly past away now , would lock himself in his room from Saturday night to Monday morning if we lost to our friends like that.
l am sure our friends are loving this and laughing at us . Fuming yes still and will be for a while.
I was and am still fuming too. Just been mulling over what happened yesterday with closed eyes trying to work it all out. And also see a way forward.
It's at times like this that one can't help thinking of people like your old mate and Womble too. Sounds mad but they deserve more as we do too. Yes, I did drink a bottle of Newcastle Brown immediately afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom