Home Match Day Thread +++ FAC 4th Replay - OUFC v Newcastle United MDT +++

It’s called resilience @Baggie

Obviously, Really enjoyed the game. I've followed Oxford since the days of Mapp. I made a load of Geordie mates though our mutual hatred of The Vile. I didn't care who won as the next match was always going to be fun.
It took us a while to join the party but I am glad we did finally show some of the quality of football we can produce against a team worth nearly £300 mil more than ours.

It makes me smile when reading comments on their forum like... “Christ, they’re all over us” ?
Plus the dodgy prem Ref :D it's always the same. When we were up there. try getting a pen against the big 5?

Now we are out of the FA CUP, is there any statto out there who knows a total profit that has been made from all cup competitions + all TV royalties?

I think you'll get about £600k as it was on the BBC. Because, you're league 1 you get notthing for losing I don't know if you a gate money deal with Newcastle but from previous rounds your prize money is £225k. While Newcastle is £315k. If you won you would have £405k plus 100% gate as you're a lower league than us. It's not a bad haul £825k

Obviously, Really enjoyed the game. I've followed Oxford since the days of Mapp. I made a load of Geordie mates though our mutual hatred of The Vile. I didn't care who won as the next match was always going to be fun.

Plus the dodgy prem Ref :D it's always the same. When we were up there. try getting a pen against the big 5?

I think you'll get about £600k as it was on the BBC. Because, you're league 1 you get notthing for losing I don't know if you a gate money deal with Newcastle but from previous rounds your prize money is £225k. While Newcastle is £315k. If you won you would have £405k plus 100% gate as you're a lower league than us. It's not a bad haul £825k
Yes - more than enough unbudgeted revenue to get a tidy striker on loan for 6 months - oh hold on.

Plus the dodgy prem Ref :D it's always the same. When we were up there. try getting a pen against the big 5[emoji1787]

Do you have a clue about anything ? The numbers are all wrong. We don’t get any more for losing as Portsmouth took the prize for furthest progression from L1. 45% of net gate receipts at Newcastle with tix at £10/ £5 probably ends up at most £200k. Same for replay even sell out we keep same % so perhaps 70k + bbc fee of 72k.

Do you have a clue about anything ? The numbers are all wrong. We don’t get any more for losing as Portsmouth took the prize for furthest progression from L1. 45% of net gate receipts at Newcastle with tix at £10/ £5 probably ends up at most £200k. Same for replay even sell out we keep same % so perhaps 70k + bbc fee of 72k.

We have picked up £225k for getting through to the 4th round. We have also got £140k in tv money. So £365k plus gate receipts. I estimate that we would have got around £230k less costs from the 2 Newcastle gate receipts, plus the money from previous rounds, so £600k is fairly accurate I'd say.

If we'd beaten Newcastle we would have won an additional £180k but gate receipts from the West Brom game. I don't know about the 100% for lower league teams or separate prize for furthest league 1 side, but would have expected a final figure of around £900k to have got into the next round.

Wind your neck in princess Do I know the numbers? Yes I know the numbers FA Cup Prize fund Let's look shall we? You came in at the first round proper, like every other League 1 team right? and you won your prize was £36k Second round you won again prize £56k the running total £90k Third round you won £135k taking your total to £225k. The Newcastle game was a sellout and the adult tickets were £10 if newcastle gave you a 50/50 split £236k after the FA takes it's 5% I concede you were right about the 72k bbc fee as BT is a Lot higher and i'll use your own estimate for the replay £70k prize money plus gate plus tv fee =£604k explain where the hell portsmouth come into it

Wind your neck in princess Do I know the numbers? Yes I know the numbers FA Cup Prize fund Let's look shall we? You came in at the first round proper, like every other League 1 team right? and you won your prize was £36k Second round you won again prize £56k the running total £90k Third round you won £135k taking your total to £225k. The Newcastle game was a sellout and the adult tickets were £10 if newcastle gave you a 50/50 split £236k after the FA takes it's 5% I concede you were right about the 72k bbc fee as BT is a Lot higher and i'll use your own estimate for the replay £70k prize money plus gate plus tv fee =£604k explain where the hell portsmouth come into it
With Portsmouth there was a 250k pot to be divided between the remaining L1 sides for those that got through us Pomoey and the Shrews I don’t think there were any other L1 sides left. Have no idea why that was though considering you get a winners prize.

We have picked up £225k for getting through to the 4th round. We have also got £140k in tv money. So £365k plus gate receipts. I estimate that we would have got around £230k less costs from the 2 Newcastle gate receipts, plus the money from previous rounds, so £600k is fairly accurate I'd say.

If we'd beaten Newcastle we would have won an additional £180k but gate receipts from the West Brom game. I don't know about the 100% for lower league teams or separate prize for furthest league 1 side, but would have expected a final figure of around £900k to have got into the next round.

hey Scotch the 100% comes from our ex chairman Jeremy Peace in 2002 after itv digital went under it was a way to get away fans to The Hawthorns for night matches. Due to traffic issues we kick off late all night games are 8pm it was a move to keep Smethwick onside while he bought land for the academy and eventual expansion

Back
Top Bottom