FA Cup FA Cup

Foley

Has anybody lost interest in the FA Cup or are some watching all of the games on the BBC?

I watched the second half of Chelsea v Luton earlier today, not much of a game to be honest. Won't bother with the game later however.

I mean, I've kind of lost interest in all other football, other than League One this year.

Still check the results at all levels, but have maybe watched two Premier League games?

It's mainly because I just don't care who wins out of Man U/Man City/Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool - they're all basically the same as far as I'm concerned, big global corporations; And only twice in the past 25 years has someone other than that lot won the FA Cup.

I have found myself watching much of what football is on - mostly because it's at least live and new, as compared to much of what's being repeated ad nauseam on the telly. Just watching something I haven't seen before is a good thing! Having said that, when you don't really even care about the result (except maybe to see Luton getting beaten!) the lack of any crowd is a real turn-off - especially missed when you have a 'minnow' at home like the Cheltenham v Man City game yesterday : when Cheltenham took the lead that would have been magic, but as it was it was fairly meh.

I have watched a bit of football on Sky VR in virtual reality, which at these times is a bit of a novelty. Watched Arsenal v Newcastle from a seat on the halfway line at The Emirates last week, made the game a bit more of an event than watching on TV. If you have the hardware, it's well worth doing.

I’ll watch it. It’s a game of football, even if it is just the usual 6 teams being churned out.

Watched the 2nd half Chelski v Looton thought e commentary was crap, the female commentator said Neil Jones they’re still in this game at 31 down and at that time 72% possession for Chelsea and 28% for Luton. Neither commentators were any good

half watched fa cup matches on bbc,* (& when I could be arsed, bt sport) ... not all that bothered with it ( watered down like all cup competitions sadly)- half watched out of sheer boredom, and in the outside chance a 'minnow' would claim a scalp

agree that most of the commentary has been a bit rubbish in most of them- the female in the Chelsea v luton was particularly annoying IMO
* really not bothered about manure v bindippers - and don't want to encourage bbc into thinking that its a match of any interest whatsoever in the fa cup - its just 2 PL name clubs, who have more than enough £ already, playing each other, on live tv . Again

half watched fa cup matches on bbc,* (& when I could be arsed, bt sport) ... not all that bothered with it ( watered down like all cup competitions sadly)- half watched out of sheer boredom, and in the outside chance a 'minnow' would claim a scalp

agree that most of the commentary has been a bit rubbish in most of them- the female in the Chelsea v luton was particularly annoying IMO
* really not bothered about manure v bindippers - and don't want to encourage bbc into thinking that its a match of any interest whatsoever in the fa cup - its just 2 PL name clubs, who have more than enough £ already, playing each other, on live tv . Again

She was bloody awful

Well I thought the game between 2 other “PL name clubs” etc was an excellent advert for football-even if they’ve already got loads of tv money.
I’m glad we could watch for “free”

Well I thought the game between 2 other “PL name clubs” etc was an excellent advert for football-even if they’ve already got loads of tv money.
Fair point

I still watch a lot of football on tv but without the crowds it is like a couple of admittedly very good parks teams having a game, lacks impact and drama.

You can make a strong argument for fans to be paid to go to televised games after this, it has shown they are an integral part of the spectacle.

To be fair it was a very good game with some cracking goals

Interesting that Chelsea piped crowd noise of Luton fans singing, as well as their own today.
At one point I heard them singing "You even ran from the Millwall!"
It's not the same when all the fighting has to take place in the living room.

Watched the 2nd half Chelski v Looton thought e commentary was crap, the female commentator said Neil Jones they’re still in this game at 31 down and at that time 72% possession for Chelsea and 28% for Luton. Neither commentators were any good

She was bloody awful
Was it the BBC Oxford commentator/presenter Robyn Cowen?

I watched the first half of Chelsea Luton but turned over at half time because the female commentator was so annoying.

Back
Top Bottom