Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

Watched the Brentford game tonight and I must say Fosu was excellent. Do we perhaps forget how good he was for us due to the slightly sour departure?

No sourness about it, he had a release clause and they matched it. Better pay, Brentford on a promotion push, fair play to him. Was just a bit of a bummer it being a dual deal with Baptiste but think we played a blinder with Covid round the corner.

Oxford City boss just said on Radio Oxford that they turned down a club record offer from a league two side for James Roberts (with his blessing)

In his interview with RadOx a few weeks back I remember Roberts saying he was happy to be in Oxford just playing football again. Hes playing at a club who know him and is in great form, they have a shot at promotion should the league continue. Wish him every success, good footballer that will always be (for lack of a better term) a "what if" for me after the tragic events that went on for him.

Well he was great when he could be bothered!
Slightly unfair comment in my view. Fosu played consistently well for us for the first 4 months, but then looked knackered. He had not played frequently the season before and was kicked all over the park, so it's not unreasonable that his performance dropped a little. He may have used us as a stepping stone, but the deal was clearly in his contract so hardly deceitful. I wish him well for the future, especially as the £750k profit we made on him will offset potential losses this year.

Slightly unfair comment in my view. Fosu played consistently well for us for the first 4 months, but then looked knackered. He had not played frequently the season before and was kicked all over the park, so it's not unreasonable that his performance dropped a little. He may have used us as a stepping stone, but the deal was clearly in his contract so hardly deceitful. I wish him well for the future, especially as the £750k profit we made on him will offset potential losses this year.

I wish him well for the rest of his career. He made a positive impact for us and the club benefitted financially for only having him a short time as well. That said, the comment for me was fair enough. From December into January, his performances for fair chunks of games were half-hearted in comparison to earlier games. As said I wish him well but I remember plenty pointing this out at the time and his performances dropped off a bit more than a little in that time.

Don't we get a large bonus payment if Brentford get promoted and Baptiste plays a certain amount of games?

Don't we get a large bonus payment if Brentford get promoted and Baptiste plays a certain amount of games?
but then he has been injured for quite a bit of the season, only appeared in 3 EFL cup and 1 Championship game, so hopefully not promoted this year.

Feel a bit sorry for Obita really, would have been interesting to know what he thought about leaving. Certainly not complaining given the replacements brought in but would have liked to see him stay.
I don't. He was happy to go on a longer contract on more money in the Division above. It was short term here and he was in agreement with that. Plus he joined up with his old mate McCleary at Wycombe.

Feel a bit sorry for Obita really, would have been interesting to know what he thought about leaving. Certainly not complaining given the replacements brought in but would have liked to see him stay.

I’m not sure that there’s much more to be said on Obita. It was a move that suited all parties. Let’s move on.

However if we can touch upon the uselessness of Akinfenwa that’ll be fun. For someone who once did score goals aplenty, he’s a colossal, immobile lard boy for the Chairboys nowadays. Only his ego keeps him going to stay in the limelight. He looked a burden in the playoff final when he could barely even move. I hope his career comes to an end with a miserable and humiliating relegation.

It would actually be quite amusing if Wycombe were relegated (nailed on) and we were promoted (rather less likely). After a lucky playoff final win, they'll have had a year getting thrashed in the Championship, none of their support will have seen any of it, they'll be back where they started and we will have taken their place! :)

Slocombe (that goalie) got sent off playing for Notts Co.
No goalie on the sub bench, so the centre forward went in goal and they proceeded to win 3-1.

Since we don't have an ex-manager's thread (most were too hopeless to stay in the game for long, it would mostly consist of Wilder, Appleton and maybe a fleeting mention of Waddock from time to time), Brescia in Serie B have from inexplicably hired Pep Clotet to be their FIFTH manager of the season.

Massimo Cellino owns them so a good ol' bit of cronyism sees the useless Spaniard continue his undeserved career as a manager.

Since we don't have an ex-manager's thread (most were too hopeless to stay in the game for long, it would mostly consist of Wilder, Appleton and maybe a fleeting mention of Waddock from time to time), Brescia in Serie B have from inexplicably hired Pep Clotet to be their FIFTH manager of the season.

Massimo Cellino owns them so a good ol' bit of cronyism sees the useless Spaniard continue his undeserved career as a manager.

Blimey, there's one born every minute! 'Inexplicably' is certainly the right word!

Back
Top Bottom