Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

Christ we were a self-entitled bunch of fans back then weren't we, looking back he did a great job, and we had quite a decent side. Magilton, Mad Dog, Joey, Chrissy Allen, Johnny Lager, Melville, Ford, Robinson, Whitehead...

Horton OUT!!!
Had this forum been around then a few on here would have no doubt been clamouring for Horton, The Board and some players to have been sacked...

Christ we were a self-entitled bunch of fans back then weren't we, looking back he did a great job, and we had quite a decent side. Magilton, Mad Dog, Joey, Chrissy Allen, Johnny Lager, Melville, Ford, Robinson, Whitehead...

Horton OUT!!!

Whitehead was one of Denis Smith‘s first signings, which probably only emphasises the calibre of job that Horton did...encumbered as he was by The Short, The Bad and The Veysey.

Whitehead was one of Denis Smith‘s first signings, which probably only emphasises the calibre of job that Horton did...encumbered as he was by The Short, The Bad and The Veysey.
Never really understood the Horton out thing. Maybe because we were great at home and played exciting football but terrible away where only the grumpy diehards saw us and took against him.

Never really understood the Horton out thing. Maybe because we were great at home and played exciting football but terrible away where only the grumpy diehards saw us and took against him.
My biology teacher was his neighbour at the time, he told me that Mrs Horton Out used to get loads of very abusive phone calls from disgruntled fans, anyone want to ‘fess up?

And then he left cos he was headhunted to be manager of MAN CITY! It’s incredible to think of now.
vaguely recall the red top tabloids at the time have back page headlines along the lines of Brian Who?

as an aside the first U's manager I can (vaguely) remember having the/an OUT affixed to the end of their name was *Mick Brown OUT.... if memory serves( it may not tbh) Mick Brown, former U's manager ended up as assistant to either Big Ron or maybe Alex Fergerson? ( not certain on either)

* Not OUFCs current general manager Mick Brown BTW, an entirely different person.

vaguely recall the red top tabloids at the time have back page headlines along the lines of Brian Who?

as an aside the first U's manager I can (vaguely) remember having the/an OUT affixed to the end of their name was *Mick Brown OUT.... if memory serves( it may not tbh) Mick Brown, former U's manager ended up as assistant to either Big Ron or maybe Alex Fergerson? ( not certain on either)

* Not OUFCs current general manager Mick Brown BTW, an entirely different person.

The current Mick Brown would have been offered a position under Ferguson at Man Utd, but the fax machine wasn't working!!

Bill Asprey was the hapless incumbent when I first started watching. The Ian Greaves arrived and laid the foundations for a totally unforgettable era.

I think it was a similar situation to the last days of Chris Wilder. A sort of fatigue sets in where, even though a manager is doing a decent job, people just want some sort of change. And as Wilder alluded to with his ‘the car could drive itself to the training ground’ comments, the feeling can go both ways. People just get fed up with the same old same old. I think only genuine success can change that, but as Wenger found out, people do have short memories even then. I wonder how long Robinson has before that feeling creeps in again.

My biology teacher was his neighbour at the time, he told me that Mrs Horton Out used to get loads of very abusive phone calls from disgruntled fans, anyone want to ‘fess up?

That is particularly pathetic.

In those days the dug outs were the other side of the pitch. Mick Brown had to cross the pitch to the dugouts the Osler Road side to chants of 'Mick Brown Out' ( or did I imagine that?

In those days the dug outs were the other side of the pitch. Mick Brown had to cross the pitch to the dugouts the Osler Road side to chants of 'Mick Brown Out' ( or did I imagine that?
fits with my memory of those days at the Manor.... that said (especially now) my memory isn't what it once was

Harvey Bradbury put oxford city 1 up away to havant & waterlooville. Though at ht its 1-1

Back
Top Bottom