National News The BBC

Why are you saying it's Newsnight's allegation and not a report of the founder of Kids Company allegations as the headline says?
I’m not sure you’re all there buddy. That’s the point. This is like watching Michael from the US Office. 😂😂😂

Generally dubious about the BBC’s capacity to shift away from bias. However I have just watched an interview conducted by Stephen Sackur with Elizabeth Neumann on Hardtalk and would simply say this was an excellent demonstration of properly curious journalism. Still think the BBC are unreliable.

Not the BBC, but I notice that whenever the Guardian mention Tommy Robinson, they always put for instance "Robinson, 37, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon". Whereas I have rarely seen that they do it for anyone else who goes by a different name. eg Lady Gaga, whose real name is Stefani Germanotta" or "Boris Johnson, whose real name is Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson".

Of course they are trying to expose that TR has adopted an anglo-saxon sounding working class name rather than a double-barrelled name.

Not the BBC, but I notice that whenever the Guardian mention Tommy Robinson, they always put for instance "Robinson, 37, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon". Whereas I have rarely seen that they do it for anyone else who goes by a different name. eg Lady Gaga, whose real name is Stefani Germanotta" or "Boris Johnson, whose real name is Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson".

Of course they are trying to expose that TR has adopted an anglo-saxon sounding working class name rather than a double-barrelled name.
I don't think that The Guardian hide their bias, as with much all of the print media. You know where pretty much all of them stand, and purchase on that basis. The original 'echo chamber'?

Last edited:
Why are you saying it's Newsnight's allegation and not a report of the founder of Kids Company allegations as the headline says?

I`m looking at the broader picture, something you obviously struggle with.

The BBC dropped the grenade in the room with unproven allegations of abuse, on top of that the Charity was already subject to many investigations regarding it`s propriety.

The subsequent court case(s) and muddying of the waters is just that as individuals point fingers at others rather than accepting their role in the clusterfuck.
Camila Batshitcrazy being one of them. :)

I`m looking at the broader picture, something you obviously struggle with.

The BBC dropped the grenade in the room with unproven allegations of abuse, on top of that the Charity was already subject to many investigations regarding it`s propriety.

The subsequent court case(s) and muddying of the waters is just that as individuals point fingers at others rather than accepting their role in the clusterfuck.
Camila Batshitcrazy being one of them. :)
'Unproven allegations' :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: All allegations are unproven, that's what an allegation is.

If you are saying it is your view that the BBC should not publish any reports based on an allegation then, that your view, fair enough. There wouldn't be much news about though.

For the record I'm not taking the side of CB here. I've seen her interviewed a couple of times and have found her evasive and er ... unconvincing if you know what I mean (cue posts telling me what wonderful things she's has done), I just don't think this is a biased news report.

I’m not sure you’re all there buddy. That’s the point. This is like watching Michael from the US Office. 😂😂😂
Alright I give up. I've been trying to get passed your attempt at humour all day and I still don't understand what your point is, Ricky, buddy. Enlighten me with a clear explanation.

In my (admittedly limited) experience when you know your stuff about any given subject matter, I have rarely seen a report that doesn't include some kind of factual misrepresentation, sensationalism or wrongly emphasised, point-missing rhetoric to "try and find an angle".

If you have ever had experience of articles written about subjects you are familiar/expert on, you will know exactly what I mean! Either that or the massive dumbing down of a particular issue is another frustratingly familiar approach.

I'm always asking myself - what's the angle and what is the point they are trying to prove/represent by reporting in that way?

And the reality is we will probably all normally go with the narrative the strikes the biggest chord with us and believe that to be the true representation of facts. Often it isn't (there's ALWAYS an angle) and whilst we have always had difficulty accepting we might be wrong about something (some more than others!), we seem to be ever more entrenched in our thinking and we retreat to our favoured media and social media echo chambers to comfort us and convince us that everything is alright with our version of the world.

What you should question is why that narrative chimes with you in the first place.

Keeping an open mind is all well and good, but nigh on impossible sometimes!

I don't think that The Guardian hide their bias, as with much all of the print media. You know where pretty much all of them stand, and purchase on that basis. The original 'echo chamber'?

I'm going to come back to the fact here I think ALL media has a bias, deliberate or not. With something like the Express of the Guardian it's much more blatant but the way news is selected, let alone purveyed reflects bias.

'Unproven allegations' :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: All allegations are unproven, that's what an allegation is.

If you are saying it is your view that the BBC should not publish any reports based on an allegation then, that your view, fair enough. There wouldn't be much news about though.

For the record I'm not taking the side of CB here. I've seen her interviewed a couple of times and have found her evasive and er ... unconvincing if you know what I mean (cue posts telling me what wonderful things she's has done), I just don't think this is a biased news report.

Some evidence before making the allegations may have been useful!!
Hey ho they`ve done it before.

Cliff was a weird one. Biased against crap white male singers. Who'd have guessed it.

Just the BBC creating an allegation that lacked substantive evidence................ shame they "missed" Mr Savile.

This report about boarder control posts in Northern Ireland has to be biased against Johnson as he has told us they don't exist.

Our am I getting confused with an episode of 'Would I lie to you'? It's difficult to tell when Johnson's involved.

BBC News - Brexit: DUP agriculture minister orders Brexit check construction halt

Last edited:
This report about boarder control posts in Northern Ireland has to be biased against Johnson as he has told us they don't exist.

Our am I getting confused with an episode of 'Would I lie to you'? It's difficult to tell when Johnson's involved.

BBC News - Brexit: DUP agriculture minister orders Brexit check construction halt

No its not biased it`s a report on the real difficulties faced in NI.
Back in August Boris was saying that there would be an Irish Sea Border over his "dead body".
By September he was threatening to "walk away".
Then it ends up with what we have now, a bit of a fudge that pleases most sides politically.

None of which helps folk "on the ground" but that`s politics for you, something reaches a tipping point, someone makes a decision and the rest of us live with it.

QR seems to want the BBC to act as the opposition 😂

Well they might as well as Captain Hindsight isn`t really blazing a trail as opposition leader.
Sadly he also lacks the persona and presence of Blair, and his chances of expunging the extreme Left are about nil ,unless they pack and form their own party.

Well they might as well as Captain Hindsight isn`t really blazing a trail as opposition leader.
Sadly he also lacks the persona and presence of Blair, and his chances of expunging the extreme Left are about nil ,unless they pack and form their own party.
You mena like the kippers did with Nigel Farage?

Saved the Tory party bacon - they have a lot to thank ol' pied piper Nige for...leading all those swivels eyes over the cliff for them ;)

Back
Top Bottom