National News The BBC

No I'm not, I'm highlighting the silliness of you continuing to push the BBC as being right wing biased, just as I have challenged Wandering Yellow who argued the opposite.
I'm not sure that what I have put forward as a hypothesis that the BBC 'at times goes easy on the government' can be interpreted in the way you have.

I've used the words 'at times' for a reason. I think Newsnights has done a great job of holding the government to account even if its Ministers decline to appear on the programme (i wonder why?). However 'at times' the BBC has pass on the government's spin without challenge. Some have put this down to laziness or have said it is unintentionally. Ok, they may believe that but, and here is the important bit, it does happen and the more it happens the more you have to ask why.

I'm not sure that what I have put forward as a hypothesis that the BBC 'at times goes easy on the government' can be interpreted in the way you have.

I've used the words 'at times' for a reason. I think Newsnights has done a great job of holding the government to account even if its Ministers decline to appear on the programme (i wonder why?). However 'at times' the BBC has pass on the government's spin without challenge. Some have put this down to laziness or have said it is unintentionally. Ok, they may believe that but, and here is the important bit, it does happen and the more it happens the more you have to ask why.

Well that is how it looks. The use of "at times" comes across as a device as the examples you give lean in one direction.

Well that is how it looks. The use of "at times" comes across as a device as the examples you give lean in one direction.
Yes, because I'm not the one who's been coming on here claiming the BBC has a left wing bias!!! Let them post their examples.

Not like you to support the right to the freedom of speach for a woman of colour. Well done.

Ask yourself why she felt forced to "apologise".
Because of woke, liberal, lefty ❄️ ❄️ "piling on" on Twatter.

Sad state of affairs and classic "cancel culture" by the "offended".

I've read a little on this (very little tbh, just wanted to see what you are on about), and still can't work out exactly what she did to cause "offence", just comment on the size of the flag? Weird.

I'm a bit confused. Weren't the offended people the government-supporting snowflakey types who don't like people sniggering about union flags? You can't even take the P**s out of politicians any more. That's cancel culture isn't it?

I've read a little on this (very little tbh, just wanted to see what you are on about), and still can't work out exactly what she did to cause "offence", just comment on the size of the flag? Weird.
She didn't. Charlie Stayt did. She just liked a tweet.

Much more likely she was 'reminded' of her social media responsibilities by her bosses at the BBC, who are now doing their very best to appease the Tory administration. Storm in a tea-cup. Still a nice chance to resume EY bingo with your continually unfunny references to 'Twatter'.

Much more likely she was 'reminded' of her social media responsibilities by her bosses at the BBC, who are now doing their very best to appease the Tory administration. Storm in a tea-cup. Still a nice chance to resume EY bingo with your continually unfunny references to 'Twatter'.

I only read it for a laugh.
#twatter :)

Fact: the UK had independently decided to become a third country which means it has to follow third country rules. So the EU has not 'banned' UK shellfish. We did it to ourselves.

Pro Tory BBC reporting.

BBC News - Brexit: EU shellfish ban indefensible, says minister

Fact: the UK had independently decided to become a third country which means it has to follow third country rules. So the EU has not 'banned' UK shellfish. We did it to ourselves.

Pro Tory BBC reporting.
From that story...

The EU has repeatedly said that the rules governing imports of shellfish from outside the bloc - including the UK since it completed its departure from Brussels' trading regulations at the start of this year - have not changed.

... So the article makes that clear. Neutral reporting.

From that story...

... So the article makes that clear. Neutral reporting.
The headline says EU shellfish ban. Many won't get past that. Job done for Johnson.

Edit: they introduce the truth in the 15th out of 16 paragraphs!

The headline says EU shellfish ban. Many won't get past that. Job done for Johnson.

Edit: they introduce the truth in the 15th out of 16 paragraphs!

And that is a summary of much of societies problems, everything is in "micro snippets" of no substance.
I blame social media building on the "Headline - share- thats it" consumption of news without reading the 16 paragraphs.

• React
Reactions: QR
Back
Top Bottom