Other European European Super League one step closer?

The damage of these clubs reputations will take years to heal. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the next UEFA/EPL meeting between clubs!

The damage of these clubs reputations will take years to heal. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the next UEFA/EPL meeting between clubs!
I agree. They will be treated with suspicion and not trusted for years.
They will also have alienated a lot of their supporters.
Plus many supporters from other clubs will despise them.

It was most likely a bluff the entire time, but I think they’ve horribly misjudged the feeling around using this as a bargaining chip.

Woodward has gone from United.

Rumour flying around that Ed Woodward has been made the scapegoat for this and he'll be out.

What a strange couple of days - never thought I would be fully behind FA, UEFA and FIFA. Now I'm suddenly full of praise for Chelsea, who I normally can't stand.

Statement from Jordan Henderson and now bring retreated by Liverpool players

Attachments

• EzcUc6CWQAMsH5g.jpeg.jpg
    EzcUc6CWQAMsH5g.jpeg.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 26
Has there ever been a proposal ever that has been almost unanimously objected to? Players, all supporters, managers, ex managers of the clubs in question. The media have struggled to find anybody who thinks that it is vaguely a good idea.

If this has already been posted I apologise. If not its worth a listen.

It was most likely a bluff the entire time, but I think they’ve horribly misjudged the feeling around using this as a bargaining chip.

Woodward has gone from United.
THEre must have been a fair amount of work behind it though, with money reportedly in place? More than a vague threat

THEre must have been a fair amount of work behind it though, with money reportedly in place? More than a vague threat
I would imagine they basically went, "Let's put it together in case we DO go through with it, and we really might, but even if we don't then any money we spend setting it up in principle will be offset by this new UEFA format for the Champions League, plus the new funding coming in." They can afford to play it however they want.

Nobody really knows what they spent on this, mind. They've got a website and a logo, along with a broad overview of what they might, sort of, maybe do one day in the future, and have had a few chats with some banks. What have they spent huge amounts of money on?

All very odd.

Back
Top Bottom