Other European European Super League one step closer?

I like the way the Real President says that young people aren't watching games because they are too long, so maybe games should be shorter.

Maybe they're not watching because it's too expensive, so they should make watching games cheaper?

Also, the "big" clubs focus on "tourist fans" who will travel for one game, spend a huge amount of money and not return for the rest of the season. They are not interested in families coming week-in-week-out. They do not want young people's custom because they are not rich.

Formula One suffered from this for many years. Bernie Ecclestone was quoted that "[F1] should service rich old men over 70 years old" and it has taken years for this to be corrected.

Pure short sightedness and greed.

As a representative of the "young people" I can confirm we are physically incapable of going 90 minutes doing one thing without literally imploding. It's a tragic mutation that came out of nowhere in the 90s. It's definitely nothing to do with the fact the average price of a top flight ticket for one game is an entire days wage, and that most young people are stuck in retail and customer service jobs that require weekend work, the housing market is ridiculous now so we have to save significantly more to get onto the ladder, and in general the cost of living is higher than it was so we have to choose between essentials and luxuries, meaning football matches become an every now and again thing not a regular thing. It's definitely the mutation thing.
You can watch it on telly can't you, you've all got massive tellies and subscribe to the streaming services. Or on your phone while walking down the street. The big teams aren't really about fans turning up in person and haven't been for years. The new model probably works better for some young people as they don't have to go along on Saturday at 3 pm and can watch it whenever they want. However, to me it seems so bland and corporate, like going to see Coldplay at Wembley rather than some indie band at the Bully.

I’m sure you’re right. There’s no reason why Man U shouldn’t have a totally separate world league squad under the same name as their OL squad

You can watch it on telly can't you, you've all got massive tellies and subscribe to the streaming services. Or on your phone while walking down the street. The big teams aren't really about fans turning up in person and haven't been for years. The new model probably works better for some young people as they don't have to go along on Saturday at 3 pm and can watch it whenever they want. However, to me it seems so bland and corporate, like going to see Coldplay at Wembley rather than some indie band at the Bully.
Maybe I'm in the minority with the "young people", and maybe it's because I'm not super young (slowly approaching 30), but watching on TV is nothing on actually being there. A friend used to regularly take me to Leicester games when they were in L1/Championship when I was a teen, and I chose to go watch Brackley Town every week over following any of the prem teams growing up.

As someone who is in that bracket of "can't afford to go to games" (last live game was Newport away in the league cup 2018), this season was the first in my life I got to watch every single OUFC game and it's been a dream. But I'd trade in every single one of those games to have been in the stadium when Sam Long scored the winner on Saturday. No comparison.

Agree with you on the music too! Living in Cardiff there were some cracking little music venues where you could watch bands for a couple quid that were much more enjoyable than some stadium tour from the big bands. Most of them gone now, mind as the war on small live events continues.

I wouldn't be surprised if that happens a lot quicker
Imagine getting the US and Chinese money involved ( a couple of 'franchises ' from each of those Countries).
Maybe a Middle East team or 2 as well.
Hong Kong bin dippers? :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Maybe I'm in the minority with the "young people", and maybe it's because I'm not super young (slowly approaching 30), but watching on TV is nothing on actually being there. A friend used to regularly take me to Leicester games when they were in L1/Championship when I was a teen, and I chose to go watch Brackley Town every week over following any of the prem teams growing up.

As someone who is in that bracket of "can't afford to go to games" (last live game was Newport away in the league cup 2018), this season was the first in my life I got to watch every single OUFC game and it's been a dream. But I'd trade in every single one of those games to have been in the stadium when Sam Long scored the winner on Saturday. No comparison.

Agree with you on the music too! Living in Cardiff there were some cracking little music venues where you could watch bands for a couple quid that were much more enjoyable than some stadium tour from the big bands. Most of them gone now, mind as the war on small live events continues.
Some people like things presented in a shiny corporate way, like Americans, and we stereotype people in Asia and other far off places as being like that. The downside of that might be that their interest was quite fickle and fleeting

I have the big screen also watch on my phone whatever football I want but I won’t watch this new s**t and I can’t wait to go watch Oxford play who ever it is when we can all go again I watch football on tele as a neutral because enjoy watching football I couldn’t give a s**t who wins unless it’s Oxford

Back
Top Bottom