National News End Child Food Poverty

It seems that some children have lost the ability to use a knife and fork during lockdown.

WTF do some parents do when bringing up their children.

I blame Boris.

Were potty trained and returned in nappies as well!

Feral, feckless parents that can`t parent properly and are probably no more than kids themselves.

Shocking, maybe Marcus could launch his next campaign............... contraception?

Were potty trained and returned in nappies as well!

Feral, feckless parents that can`t parent properly and are probably no more than kids themselves.

Shocking, maybe Marcus could launch his next campaign............... contraception?

Maybe the Govt could try doing something rather than Rashford.

Last edited:
Of course *all* parents should look after their children properly. But some simply don't, won't or can't - that may be for a number of reasons (stupidity, poverty, poor education, illness, addiction, lack of support and/or an example from their own parents etc).

But whatever the reason, society has to make sure the children suffer as little as possible (and hopefully not at all) because of it - it is not their fault. I can think of few things that are a better use of public money.

Not sure who is right in this.... if anyone.

Political grandstanding or genuine need? It all gets very murky.

Had to get in touch with our local foodbank the other day, some "poor unfortunate" is taking bags of food...... then dumping what they don`t want in the local park all of 200 yards away.
Found 3 carrier bags of onions, carrots, tinned tomatoes and celeriac the other day........ total waste by someone who "qualifies" as in "need". Makes you think twice about doing your bit.

Not sure who is right in this.... if anyone.

Political grandstanding or genuine need? It all gets very murky.

Had to get in touch with our local foodbank the other day, some "poor unfortunate" is taking bags of food...... then dumping what they don`t want in the local park all of 200 yards away.
Found 3 carrier bags of onions, carrots, tinned tomatoes and celeriac the other day........ total waste by someone who "qualifies" as in "need". Makes you think twice about doing your bit.
That's a shame. People should only be able to make use of a food bank if referred by social services or a GP, so one must assume that the ones you refer to only 'need' certain food items. Wasting the rest is a disgrace.

I used to deliver meals on wheels from a centre that also served as Louth's food bank. One guy inspected the contents of his package and moaned that 'they don't eat supermarket beans, we prefer Heinz.' But that's just one guy. Hopefully the vast majority are not only truly in need, but also grateful.

That's a shame. People should only be able to make use of a food bank if referred by social services or a GP, so one must assume that the ones you refer to only 'need' certain food items. Wasting the rest is a disgrace.

I used to deliver meals on wheels from a centre that also served as Louth's food bank. One guy inspected the contents of his package and moaned that 'they don't eat supermarket beans, we prefer Heinz.' But that's just one guy. Hopefully the vast majority are not only truly in need, but also grateful.

Must say it riled me far more than it should.
Whoever they were should have just said "I can`t use this..." and handed it back to the FB so someone else gets the chance rather than lobbing it under the hedge to be found a day or so later covered in rain and probably dog/fox pee!
Sadly it is often the minority that spoil it for the majority.

Way I see it... if people are too thick to learn how to grow their own food or forage then tough luck. In my day we had to work the land to make ends meet! People are too lazy these days, wasn’t like it when I was a boy!!!

JRM is right, there’s a guy who who knows what it’s like to earn an honest crust and bring it to the table for his family.

Maybe the Govt could try doing something rather than Rashford.
I'm sure The Conservative Party biggest fear is Marcus Rashford entering politics once playing football is finished. Rees-Mogg v Rashford is a debate that I would pay to watch.

On a more serious note I’ve read the article and I’m not hugely surprised by JRM or his comments. I’m sure there are some who play the game from time to time but UNICEF have got better things to do than get involved in this kind of politics if they didn’t need to.

With things like Covid & Brexit at the moment it really is sad that these things will end up being missed.

On a more serious note I’ve read the article and I’m not hugely surprised by JRM or his comments. I’m sure there are some who play the game from time to time but UNICEF have got better things to do than get involved in this kind of politics if they didn’t need to.

With things like Covid & Brexit at the moment it really is sad that these things will end up being missed.

Indeed, JRM would probably prefer Workhouses to be reintroduced.

JRM channeling Marie Antoinette.....again

A real "let them eat cake" moment.

It will never cease to amaze me, the number of gullible people who seem to think a plummy accent and air of arrogance is somehow a mark of integrity and intelligence.

Know your place....serfs!

Indeed, JRM would probably prefer Workhouses to be reintroduced.

Is that bad thing? :)

I have always thought there is room for a Work Fare system for those on the Social that are able to work.
The benefits for the person are substantial and there are plenty of things for them to do in their communities.

Is that bad thing? :)

I have always thought there is room for a Work Fare system for those on the Social that are able to work.
The benefits for the person are substantial and there are plenty of things for them to do in their communities.
You'll find that the employer is usually the chief beneficiary of cheap labour.

Back
Top Bottom