General Eastwood's role

What is your opinion of Simon Eastwood's role for Oxford?

• Eastwood needs to be replaced as a priority

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Eastwood could be replaced but we have more pressing priorities

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Eastwood start as number 1 this season but could do with stronger competition

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • Eastwood should be number 1 and we have sufficient back-up

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • We should try to keep Eastwood even if we went up

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Left Wing Cross

This needs a thread of it's own.

Personally, I am satisfied with Eastwood and think he'll start the season as our number 1.

If there is better available Oxford should be looking to sign.

Depends on whether he is content here, whether there is a better one available and/or funds to get them, whether Easty would move (we wouldn't want two top line keeper on the wage bill) etc.
If he stays I would be happy. If he moved and we got 'better' then I'd be happy too. The only situation that would irk me if if he left because we thought the grass was greener and that proved not to be the case!

The time has come for competition at the very least. If Stevens is not thought up to the task then he needs to be replaced even more urgently.
Professional sport is a harsh master but if the club is to succeed then we need someone who commands his area and can distribute quickly and efficiently. Easty has been a very good servant of the club but I don't believe his abilities are up to the standards demanded by the type of football being played. That's not to say he hasn't got a place but I really believe we need to replace him and probably Stevens.

For all those going for option 4, it's clear we don't have sufficient back up because said back up has only started one league game in two seasons. KR obviously doesn't trust him as we always bring in a loanee or OOC keeper until Easty is fit again.

I just don't see the club bringing in competition. Especially with the wage cap being brought in, there's no way the club will sanction signing another goalkeeper when there are areas where that money can be better spent. If KR didn't trust him as at least a decent squad player, he wouldn't be at the club anymore. If we are bringing in a new GK, it'll be an Eastwood replacement.

Back
Top Bottom